Is this game worth buying, all i hear is hate for it

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Is this game worth buying, all i hear is hate for it
2 years ago#1
Always Online doesn't bother me much. But how is the rest of the game, is it really as broken as people say? How's the replay value?
2 years ago#2
Always online brings along with it a handful of other issues. I've lost 5 cities because there were issues with it not being synced correctly. You can't choose to save the game, it just does it automatically when you quit, or some random time while you're playing.

The game itself is fun and overall well done, but the persisting issues would have me still not recommend it. You'll just be in for a world of frustration.
2 years ago#3
you'll have fun with the game until traffic breaks your city. EVERY city.
2 years ago#4
I personally don't have any online issues. I've never had a city lost due to rollbacks or anything. I never play in public games though, just by myself - so maybe that has something to do with it.

The gameplay is fun though. I would say there are still a slew of gameplay bugs that you may or may not notice until later though. If you're not absolutely craving to play the game, then I would probably wait until more of the issues have been fixed or the price has been dropped.
2 years ago#5
do yourself a favor and wait until this hits the bargain bin. Not worth paying full price.
2 years ago#6
skrillas1337 posted...

Not EVERY city...rollbacks will eat a few before traffic gets a chance to break them.
2 years ago#7
When is all this **** gonna be fixed? Even though it's a downgrade from SC4 I know by itself the game is probably okay or even good. However I simply can't buy something where traffic breaks the game or you have a chance of losing your city. Does anyone know how long or if they'll even fix all of these game breaking bugs? I won't pay more than $20 for it in its current state.
---
Live long and prosper.
2 years ago#8
42 played hours, I bought the game 6 days ago... Yes it's fun!
2 years ago#9
skrillas1337 posted...

Really, Traffic is what I prefer.. empty roads make me sick...
2 years ago#10
no
  1. Boards
  2. SimCity
  3. Is this game worth buying, all i hear is hate for it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived