Commercial saying no shoppers, but I just put down more residental

#1Blazefire_Posted 4/9/2013 8:14:19 PM
I need help..

My commercialand industrial are saying therse now orkers. However I JUST put down some more residental in two different areas, and they're still saying not enough workers, shoppers, etc. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here
---
XBL GT: Lethal234
#2HelIWithoutSinPosted 4/9/2013 8:40:57 PM
Make sure you're creating shoppers of the needed wealth level. Low wealth commercial want low wealth residents and tourists, etc. Clicking on the RCI graph the details section of your population tab will give you more info on what's trending.

If you have a high industry tech level, it might take some time for the new residents to become educated and fill those jobs.

I also noticed an occasional glitch where a de-zoned building that's closed, but not abandoned, due to lack of workers will never re-open and has to be demolished and re-zoned.
#3ertfertPosted 4/9/2013 10:01:55 PM
the RCI only gives vague indications of what you need

go into your population tab (click on the bottom of the screen where it displays your population) then click on details

this will tell you exactly how many workers you need of a certain wealth class (or how many are jobless)
if you go by that, your industry and commercial will stop complaining about workers when theres about 10-20% (not calculated, just experience) unfilled jobs compared to your total workforce

No shoppers is a bit trickier, although you might just have too much commercial zoned of the proper wealth class
if thats not the case, you need to spread out your commercial, if you plop all your commercial in one place, your residential will complain that theres nowhere to shop and at the same time your commercial will complain theres no shoppers
commercial needs to be spread out throughout your residential areas
#4HyperShadow4321Posted 4/10/2013 12:28:17 AM
commercial needs to be spread out throughout your residential areas

This. Early on I made the mistake of not planning my city out as well. Once I started designating particular separated areas for low/medium/high wealth, things went much more smoothly. Put some low wealth commercial by your low wealth residential and so on. Zone more commercial if/when necessary.

Keep in mind that services (fire, police, etc), city buildings (town hall, mayors house, etc), will increase land value as well, so be mindful of where you place them so that you don't push an area designated for low wealth into medium wealth land value by accident.
#5Lord_BadmagicPosted 4/10/2013 1:59:12 AM
Its probably just the games stupid automatic $$$ commercial next to $ residential bums zoning.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"