Simcity just kicked me in the nuts

#1DeathX2270Posted 4/11/2013 3:42:00 AM
I was playing my city and then night hit and i get an earthquake, takes out my fire department, i was ok with this cause stuff happens. next in game night hits and i get the lizard. 4 oil storage lots city hall and police all gone. next in game night meteors, missed my city completely.almost hit expo center and oil rigs, got lucky. 3 game nights later tornado, again lucky stayed on the road and destroyed one small low wealth residential house while dooing a circle teasing me that it was going for water plant and sewage treatment and my police.

So anyone else have a time when the game just wanted to kick you in the nuts?
---
If i lived here, then i would be home
#2mulliadaPosted 4/11/2013 5:04:16 AM
I just want them to add a setting to turn off disasters I don't want to play sandbox mode, because it sucks - it's boring having everything unlocked and cheats available to you.

I want a game that works and that doesn't destroy what I've done, either through disasters that are out of my hand, or rollbacks/lost saves (which, fortunately, I haven't suffered from, as I've not turned the game on for the past couple of weeks). For 42, that shouldn't be too much to ask...
#3HyperShadow4321Posted 4/11/2013 8:42:44 AM
Yeah. I really wish we had the ability to create a "solo region" that would allow us to just adjust settings how we like. Let us choose whether all buildings are unlocked, cheats on/off, disasters on/off, etc. Allow us to actually SAVE. I really miss being able to save, experiment with my city, and then reload if I don't like the results. That, and when I get bored playing for the day I used to like to save my game, destroy my city with disasters, and then quit without saving.
#4moridin7632Posted 4/11/2013 7:49:36 PM
I started up a new city once and it was as if they were all smokers and living in straw houses. By the time I finished plopping some commercial/industrial, fire was raging in my residential.

This was within the first 5 minutes of starting the city.

When I realized what was happening and starting tearing down buildings around the fire I had 12 houses on fire. Finally dealt with that(lots of demolishing and rebuilding) and my industrial area does the same thing. Backed out and started a new region.

I also had an earthquake take out a fully stocked Police Precinct, Hospital and City Hall. The next night a meteor shower took out my university and a ton of houses, leaving radiation. A few nights later, giant lizard stomping through my refinery. Then freaking zombies slaughtered half my residental.

I've come to realize that even when the game does work right, it is EVIL!!
---
To understand the future, we must go back in time
#5MikeH7186Posted 4/11/2013 7:53:18 PM
I would almost say the worst is the monster, but it's actually the meteor. While I've had the monster spawn at the highway entrance and walk over 90% of the city, nothing it does leaves a problem that can't be resolved. If you get radiation from a meteor congratulations, your city is f***ing ruined. To the point of when I see it, I say outloud "god no, f*** f*** f*** please no" .

Aliens on the other hand probably the least harmful. Earthquakes aren't too bad. Tornado is like a mini monster that doesn't go as far. Zombies are fairly easy too.
#6ValeriumPosted 4/11/2013 11:36:41 PM
Agreed, You cant build anything useful on radiated grounds and appearently nothing that can remove radiation.

I really dont see why they did disasters like this, werent disasters in previous simcity games always a thing you used yourself, not something that just happend randomly?
#7FizixManPosted 4/12/2013 3:10:14 AM
I got a hazmat fire, so I took out a big bond, invested in a large fire station with a hazmat unit and later some garage expansions. Came back to the city a week later and the station itself is gone. The expanded truck garages and hazmat unit are still there, but the station is physically gone. Nothing to click on, can't expand it anymore, and the garages are non-functional.

Haven't been back on the game since (been busy)

Guess I gotta bulldoze the expansions, pay off my bonds, and hope I don't get another hazmat fire again until I can afford to build a new station.

leftnutkickimsore
#8MikeH7186Posted 4/12/2013 4:09:31 AM
FizixMan posted...
I got a hazmat fire, so I took out a big bond, invested in a large fire station with a hazmat unit and later some garage expansions. Came back to the city a week later and the station itself is gone. The expanded truck garages and hazmat unit are still there, but the station is physically gone. Nothing to click on, can't expand it anymore, and the garages are non-functional.

Haven't been back on the game since (been busy)

Guess I gotta bulldoze the expansions, pay off my bonds, and hope I don't get another hazmat fire again until I can afford to build a new station.

leftnutkickimsore

I had about four hazmat fires that I let explode because I didn't want to build the large fire station. Do they have a chance to spawn radiation?
#9TFHDeathUA709Posted 4/12/2013 11:11:06 AM
MikeH7186 posted...
I would almost say the worst is the monster, but it's actually the meteor. While I've had the monster spawn at the highway entrance and walk over 90% of the city, nothing it does leaves a problem that can't be resolved. If you get radiation from a meteor congratulations, your city is f***ing ruined. To the point of when I see it, I say outloud "god no, f*** f*** f*** please no" .

Aliens on the other hand probably the least harmful. Earthquakes aren't too bad. Tornado is like a mini monster that doesn't go as far. Zombies are fairly easy too.

To stop the monster you can either destroy your garbage dump(that's what he heads to) and he'll just stand there until it's over or you can build one right next to him and then delete it and put it back where it belongs later.

It's the one disaster you can actually do something about.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#10MikeH7186Posted 4/12/2013 5:02:14 PM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
To stop the monster you can either destroy your garbage dump(that's what he heads to) and he'll just stand there until it's over or you can build one right next to him and then delete it and put it back where it belongs later.

It's the one disaster you can actually do something about.

Hmm, that's a good thing to know.