Have recycling centers been fixed yet?

#1ZorlacPosted 4/11/2013 11:42:46 AM
I'm asking because mine still aren't working. New ones, or ones in cities I started launch week still fill up and stop working within minutes. Any word on this bug?
---
And The Vampire was all that remained on the blood drowned creation.
Xbox live Zorlac0666 Xfire-Zorlac666. Steam-Zorlac666
#2HelIWithoutSinPosted 4/11/2013 3:38:58 PM
Have you created a trade depot with plastic/metal lots or factories that utilize plastic/metal?
#3Critter_crewPosted 4/12/2013 4:02:17 AM
Not sure this is a bug. The recycling center is not a replacement for the garbage dump, you still have to get rid of the recycled materials either by transporting to local businesses or selling on the global market via a trade depot.
#4MikeH7186Posted 4/12/2013 4:12:44 AM
Mine works fine. Do you have the delivery trucks enabled for the recycled materials? Not the actual trucks that pick up recycles, but the ones that send it to trade ports. I always build a recycling plant and a trade depot with an alloy attachment just so I can turn my trash into cash. Still need a dump though, but I tend to build them next to each other.
#5rikvanoostendePosted 4/12/2013 6:47:56 AM
The commonly known 'recycling bug' is the exponential growth of recyclables produced in the city, way more than a 100 recycling trucks can handle. If I understand you correctly, you are referring to the fact that in a medium large city, the trucks will fill up the 20 ton recycleables storage way too fast, so that most of it can't be processed because the center doesn't process them fast enough.

That, unfortunately, is working as intended :/
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#6Zorlac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 7:57:06 AM
HelIWithoutSin posted...
Have you created a trade depot with plastic/metal lots or factories that utilize plastic/metal?

I've got delivery trucks set up, where is the trade depot to build?
---
#7LightHawKnightPosted 4/13/2013 10:52:58 AM
rikvanoostende posted...
The commonly known 'recycling bug' is the exponential growth of recyclables produced in the city, way more than a 100 recycling trucks can handle. If I understand you correctly, you are referring to the fact that in a medium large city, the trucks will fill up the 20 ton recycleables storage way too fast, so that most of it can't be processed because the center doesn't process them fast enough.

That, unfortunately, is working as intended :/

Isn't the bug rather if you send your recycling trucks to another town to pick up their stuff, it will not be able to use the stuff from the other town and the recyclables just sit there taking up the valuable space?
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#8HelIWithoutSinPosted 4/13/2013 12:43:57 PM
Zorlac posted...
HelIWithoutSin posted...

I've got delivery trucks set up, where is the trade depot to build?

The trade depot is under the city specialization tab and under the icon that looks like a box with a circle around it. It only comes with a lot for freight deliveries, so you'll have to add the plastic and metal lots yourself.
#9Hunta KillerPosted 4/14/2013 1:07:33 AM
lol.. newbs not knowing how to play n saying stuff is bugged..
---
Battle.net 2.0 : HuntaKiller - 229
Xbox Live : Hunta Killer
#10Zorlac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2013 8:05:17 AM
Hunta Killer posted...
lol.. newbs not knowing how to play n saying stuff is bugged..

If you look around a bit I was certainly not the only one that had an issue with recycling centers. Even on this board there's 30+ topics about it
---