Have recycling centers been fixed yet?

#11NoOneReallyCaresPosted 4/15/2013 3:46:02 PM
If they have recyclables stored that are not being processed normally it is probably because you let your recycling trucks pick up stuff from another city. Anything they bring back will sit there and not be processed... ever as far as I have seen. The solution is to turn off sending your recycling trucks to other cities and bulldoze and replace any affected recycling centers. The version of the game has not changed and the major fixes patch is still "in the works" somewhere so I would count on this bug being still present (it was a week ago).
#12MagoichiPosted 4/16/2013 2:17:36 PM(edited)
From the "in development" notes:

Recycling: Fix for the Recycling Center where it would sometimes stop working, recycling services will visit other cities.

I don't see how it was working as intended, I got that and the trade depot bug in the same (ruined) city. Rebuilding and stopping them from taking neighbors' recyclables didn't resolve anything for me. Hopefully the patch will.

Zorlac posted...
Hunta Killer posted...
lol.. newbs not knowing how to play n saying stuff is bugged..

If you look around a bit I was certainly not the only one that had an issue with recycling centers. Even on this board there's 30+ topics about it

It is a little strange that you basically got insulted over a legitimate glitch.
#13JBDevinPosted 4/16/2013 6:58:41 PM
Zorlac posted...
Hunta Killer posted...
lol.. newbs not knowing how to play n saying stuff is bugged..

If you look around a bit I was certainly not the only one that had an issue with recycling centers. Even on this board there's 30+ topics about it

im sorry but i have to say you need to learn the game. Yes the building is bugged. When you accept recycling from neighbors the building will not process it.

Also, if there is 30+ posts about this same topic why are you making a new thread about something that has been discussed already?? Please read from what others posted before posting something yourself.
#14MagoichiPosted 4/16/2013 7:55:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15MagoichiPosted 4/16/2013 8:04:02 PM(edited)
There are multiple recycling center bugs. It's not always the regional issue that does it, and sometimes it does fix itself just by demolishing or attempting another workaround. Those don't always resolve the issue, though, and it's kind of obnoxious to blame the player for something that functionally isn't working at all in some cases. I had it happen in another city that never sent trucks to other cities, but thankfully the demolish and rebuild workaround did fix it there.

If you could simply go back and look at the thread title: "Have recycling centers been fixed yet?" you'd also see that none of those threads could have an answer to his question specifically, as Maxis hadn't confirmed that they were fixing the bug until recently. All of the other threads I can see by searching for "recycling" have locked up due to inactivity, so I don't see what's so bad about making a new one three weeks after the last one got locked.