So... a little bit more than a month after release...

#1Lord_VaderPosted 4/11/2013 9:45:53 PM(edited)
this game is already dead or close to dying: http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-games-march-2013/

Plus it's not on the top 10 message boards list for PC games anymore. EA/Maxis really screwed up on this one. They took one of my favorite franchises and ran it into the ground because of their social and online connectivity ********. In all honesty though they deserve it for taking such a route for what has always been primarily a singleplayer experience. The funny thing is they have enough time to release a car charging station DLC but can't seem to fix the city rollback and traffic problems that are still plaguing this game more than a month after release. They deserve all the flak they are getting for this abomination of a gaming experience. Hopefully some other dev comes along and makes the city building game that those of us who have been disappointed have been waiting for. In the meantime I predict that this game will be buried and laid to rest by the end of this year, if not sooner. Don't be surprised if they start reducing the number of servers either.
---
Live long and prosper.
#2Hand7774Posted 4/11/2013 10:05:18 PM
Wow a month after release and you're still trolling. There are plenty of people still enjoying the game now get lost.
#3rikvanoostendePosted 4/11/2013 11:20:33 PM(edited)
Lord_Vader posted...
this game is already dead or close to dying: http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-games-march-2013/

Plus it's not on the top 10 message boards list for PC games anymore. EA/Maxis really screwed up on this one. They took one of my favorite franchises and ran it into the ground because of their social and online connectivity ********. In all honesty though they deserve it for taking such a route for what has always been primarily a singleplayer experience. The funny thing is they have enough time to release a car charging station DLC but can't seem to fix the city rollback and traffic problems that are still plaguing this game more than a month after release. They deserve all the flak they are getting for this abomination of a gaming experience. Hopefully some other dev comes along and makes the city building game that those of us who have been disappointed have been waiting for. In the meantime I predict that this game will be buried and laid to rest by the end of this year, if not sooner. Don't be surprised if they start reducing the number of servers either.

inb4 random soothsaying with 'they deserve it' and 'just wait and see' thrown in.

Your point was discussed in many topics before. It is annoyingly redundant at best, and pure spam at worst. Go away and play a better game instead of making your desperate attempt to keep this board in the top 10 of active boards with your trolling.

---
Let's agree to disagree.
#4LordPonchoPosted 4/12/2013 4:34:31 AM
This is based on raptr. A program so obscure and never reached xfire numbers. That said, even xfire is obscure these days. It is no means of properly measuring players.

Xfire would have you believe some of the most played games are games that aren't even in the top plagued games list on Steam, so which do you believe more?

Again, you're basically making this politics. I can say people are enjoying it because there's clear evidence of that in that people constantly call you out. The only people ever posting about not enjoying it are the same batch of people who've been doing this since day one.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#5TFHDeathUA709Posted 4/12/2013 11:42:05 AM
SimCity’s launch issues in early March were well publicized, and though it hung on to come in at #20, the trend is not looking good. During the last week of the month SimCity was the 34th most played game, and the drop off of new players joining the game has been precipitous since mid-month.

While these are hardly official it's certainly not a good sign that it is not only #20 for the month but that during the last week of that month it was #34. That's a huge drop as the release month went on.

I for one haven't played it in about 2 weeks. Every now and then I'll think about it but I still have too much of a bad taste.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#6LordPonchoPosted 4/12/2013 1:55:26 PM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
SimCity’s launch issues in early March were well publicized, and though it hung on to come in at #20, the trend is not looking good. During the last week of the month SimCity was the 34th most played game, and the drop off of new players joining the game has been precipitous since mid-month.

While these are hardly official it's certainly not a good sign that it is not only #20 for the month but that during the last week of that month it was #34. That's a huge drop as the release month went on.

I for one haven't played it in about 2 weeks. Every now and then I'll think about it but I still have too much of a bad taste.

If anybody actually looked at the list, they would realize two things.

A. 360 titles are included, and obviously have a wider audience.

B. The PC titles that beat it out have audiences much, MUCH larger than SimCity.

These things don't indicate a failure, not at all.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#7darkace77450Posted 4/12/2013 2:28:52 PM(edited)
LordPoncho posted...
The PC titles that beat it out have audiences much, MUCH larger than SimCity.

Why do you think that is?
#8pookiejinPosted 4/12/2013 2:29:27 PM
i understand that for a game meant to be played online, players are necessary.
But for all the out cry that this game needs a single player mode, why should anyone care that its losing players? wouldn't that hopefully signal EA/Maxis to allow the game offline?
#9LordPonchoPosted 4/12/2013 11:14:58 PM
darkace77450 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
The PC titles that beat it out have audiences much, MUCH larger than SimCity.

Why do you think that is?

Oh I dunno. Let's break down what's on top.

Bear with me if I make a mistake. Doing this on my phone.

1. Black Ops 2 - 360. No brainer why this is number one.
2. LoL. F2P MOBA title. Super broad market.
3. WoW. It's WoW. 'Nuff said.
4. GoW:J. Gears of War is insanely popular.
5. DOTA 2. It's DOTA.

Cut to the chase, these are games that have always been and always will be more popular than SimCity. Even if SimCity 2013 played like a super upgraded version of 4 and was deemed perfect by the haters, it would never reach the popularity of the games on that list.
---
#10SoulTrapperPosted 4/13/2013 4:12:29 AM
LordPoncho posted...
This is based on raptr. A program so obscure and never reached xfire numbers. That said, even xfire is obscure these days. It is no means of properly measuring players.

Xfire would have you believe some of the most played games are games that aren't even in the top plagued games list on Steam, so which do you believe more?

Yeah, just like the dropping numbers on xfire didn't indicate a drop in players in TOR either, right?

I remember you claiming this back then, as well.

And you're right: it doesn't prove the numbers are dropping, but it's a pretty good indication.
And I'm sure that if you're honest, you can't deny it's anything but logical either: a month after release the game is still bugged with pretty much the same things as it was at release.

They did try and fix some things, but there shouldn't even be a need for this if they released a finished and QA-tested game.
You can't tell me no one who played it before release saw the issues with traffic or emergency services.
---
PSN: El_Coon