So... a little bit more than a month after release...

#21SoulTrapperPosted 4/15/2013 3:35:06 AM
rikvanoostende posted...

Point taken, allthough I fail to see what's in it for you. Also, I (and I bet, most) usually visit a GameFaqs board of a game when they own it, and read up on user reviews in MetaCritic beforehand. Your opinion/warning may be more effective there?

What's in it for me, is the hope that people will start seeing that EAs current tactics of releasing games that are clearly rushed, isn't respectful towards the customer.

If they finally realize this and stop pre-ordering games and maybe even stop buying EA games until they stop this practice, it might bring back some quality not just to EA games, but to a lot of other companies games as well.

Stuff like day 1 DLC, microtransactions, releasing rushed and buggy products, etc is just unacceptable for me, along with the constant streamlining and "casualisation" in order to attract an audience that isn't there, need to go.

It's actually a very effective way to make people see it, both people who have bought and who are going to buy the game.

It's not just about reaching people who are still doubting, it's also about reaching those who have bought or pre-ordered it, because the chance exists that these people didn't even know or care that this game is published by EA.

By letting these people know that this is actually quite common for EA to release games in a lackluster state, they might wait it out in the future to see if the games are released in decent condition.

Which will only benefit every single person who plays video games, because it will once again force companies to actually make work of their QA.

If EA and dozens of other companies believe it to be effective and actually pay people to do the opposite of what I do (praise their games and deny all the flaws), what I do may just be as effective (except I don't get paid for it, unfortunately).

http://www.ayzenberg.com/#/work/all/case-study/ea-games/

http://www.ayzenberg.com/#/clients/

Sorry for the long post, I tend to get carried away
---
PSN: El_Coon
#22darkace77450Posted 4/15/2013 4:01:42 AM
Hand7774 posted...
It's funny the Ea haters come here to troll instead of the Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 forums and both of those games are 10X worse then SimCity.

Why is that? Hmmm?

First of all, playing the "hater card" is as intellectually lazy as playing the race card. In the absence of anything or worth to say in defense of this game, just attack the critic. It's a tried and tested, albeit highly contemptible, tactic used often by those in a losing position who lack the integrity to admit defeat.

Second of all, the fact that we're here - on this one very specific board - should be proof enough that we're more interested in legitimately discussing the flaws in this game, as opposed to "hating" EA games for the sake of bagging on EA just because we don't like them.

We're offering objective criticism against this game and your response - time and time again - is to deflect, deny, and smear. That says just about all we need to know about you. Your repeated deflections of pointed, irrefutable criticism is proof enough that you're not interested in truth or logic, so you keep doing your thing...you keep trolling. Just don't feign indignation when we call you out for it.
#23Laylow12Posted 4/18/2013 11:14:00 AM
darkace77450 posted...
Hand7774 posted...
It's funny the Ea haters come here to troll instead of the Dead Space 3 or Crysis 3 forums and both of those games are 10X worse then SimCity.

Why is that? Hmmm?

First of all, playing the "hater card" is as intellectually lazy as playing the race card. In the absence of anything or worth to say in defense of this game, just attack the critic. It's a tried and tested, albeit highly contemptible, tactic used often by those in a losing position who lack the integrity to admit defeat.

Second of all, the fact that we're here - on this one very specific board - should be proof enough that we're more interested in legitimately discussing the flaws in this game, as opposed to "hating" EA games for the sake of bagging on EA just because we don't like them.

We're offering objective criticism against this game and your response - time and time again - is to deflect, deny, and smear. That says just about all we need to know about you. Your repeated deflections of pointed, irrefutable criticism is proof enough that you're not interested in truth or logic, so you keep doing your thing...you keep trolling. Just don't feign indignation when we call you out for it.

Checkmate

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#24BrackiePosted 4/18/2013 5:23:46 PM
Why was Dead Space 3 considered terrible? Im playing it now actually..I wouldn't say it was terrible...COntrols are annoying though
#25AntorPosted 4/18/2013 8:19:28 PM
I love watching white knights defend bad games. They're so devoted to their cause, it's almost romantic.
---
This ain't Sea World, this is real as it gets!
#26citron2000Posted 4/18/2013 10:31:28 PM
Well this game seems to be buggy and a waste of money judging from these comments. I thank you guys on saving me the time and effort.
#27Bikes-Posted 4/19/2013 7:36:50 AM
Brackie posted...
Why was Dead Space 3 considered terrible? Im playing it now actually..I wouldn't say it was terrible...COntrols are annoying though

Microtransactions was what it got the most hate for. That and making the game more friendly for people who were too scared to play the first 2. How that affects the game, dunno waiting for it to go on sale before I pick it up.
#28SoulTrapperPosted 4/19/2013 12:09:39 PM(edited)
Brackie posted...

Dead Space 3 is by no means a terrible game, it's decent if you look past the day 1 DLC and micro transaction BS.

It is, however, a bad Dead Space game.

They tried going after the Mass Effect audience and made some significant changes that make it a lot less atmospheric then previous games in the series. They started this with DS2 and pushed it even further with DS3, despite people telling them it was a bad idea.

The constant talking with other people, on your intercom and in cut scenes takes away a lot of the tension that was there in previous entries.
While DS1 was Isaac finding tools and making them into usable weapons to make his way through, DS3 is pretty much focused on the guns and gathering parts to make them. Which again, takes away from the atmosphere.

Add micro transactions, $50 worth of day 1 DLC and co-op to it and it's not hard to understand why many of the fans didn't buy the game and why it pretty much failed to sell decently at all.

This quote also didn't help to make things any better:

http://www.fmvmagazine.com/?p=14916
“We need to make sure we’re expanding our audience,” he said. “There are action game fans, and survival horror game fans, who are 19 and 20, and they’ve only played games on their smartphones, and micro-transactions are to them a standard part of gaming. It’s a different generation. So if we’re going to bring those people into our world, let’s speak their language, but let’s not alienate our fans at the same time.”

---
PSN: El_Coon
#29rikvanoostendePosted 4/19/2013 1:00:33 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Brackie posted...

Dead Space 3 is by no means a terrible game, it's decent if you look past the day 1 DLC and micro transaction BS.

It is, however, a bad Dead Space game.

They tried going after the Mass Effect audience and made some significant changes that make it a lot less atmospheric then previous games in the series. They started this with DS2 and pushed it even further with DS3, despite people telling them it was a bad idea.

The constant talking with other people, on your intercom and in cut scenes takes away a lot of the tension that was there in previous entries.
While DS1 was Isaac finding tools and making them into usable weapons to make his way through, DS3 is pretty much focused on the guns and gathering parts to make them. Which again, takes away from the atmosphere.

Add micro transactions, $50 worth of day 1 DLC and co-op to it and it's not hard to understand why many of the fans didn't buy the game and why it pretty much failed to sell decently at all.

This quote also didn't help to make things any better:

http://www.fmvmagazine.com/?p=14916
“We need to make sure we’re expanding our audience,” he said. “There are action game fans, and survival horror game fans, who are 19 and 20, and they’ve only played games on their smartphones, and micro-transactions are to them a standard part of gaming. It’s a different generation. So if we’re going to bring those people into our world, let’s speak their language, but let’s not alienate our fans at the same time.”

Wow, I never... I hate when they put gamers in little boxes after blowing a significant part of their budget on trendwatchers and social alogarithm paragnosts. Especially when I don't fit in one of said little boxes. And is he actually saying: "We rip them off because they're used to being ripped off, and we want to keep things familiar for them."?
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#30Bossdog421Posted 4/19/2013 6:15:55 PM
Lord_Vader posted...
this game is already dead or close to dying: http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-games-march-2013/

Plus it's not on the top 10 message boards list for PC games anymore. EA/Maxis really screwed up on this one. They took one of my favorite franchises and ran it into the ground because of their social and online connectivity ********. In all honesty though they deserve it for taking such a route for what has always been primarily a singleplayer experience. The funny thing is they have enough time to release a car charging station DLC but can't seem to fix the city rollback and traffic problems that are still plaguing this game more than a month after release. They deserve all the flak they are getting for this abomination of a gaming experience. Hopefully some other dev comes along and makes the city building game that those of us who have been disappointed have been waiting for. In the meantime I predict that this game will be buried and laid to rest by the end of this year, if not sooner. Don't be surprised if they start reducing the number of servers either.

So according to your own list it is 7th most played PC game currently, sounds pretty damn good for a sim anything game