So... a little bit more than a month after release...

#31ManiusPrimePosted 4/20/2013 2:25:12 PM
LordPoncho posted...
darkace77450 posted...
It doesn't matter if xfire or any other number tracking system accurately track the whole base. What matters is whether or not those it does track are holding steady or declining.

Not true at all.

I say this because xfire, raptr, and steam all have drastically different top played games. The fact of the matter is that raptor and xfire are pretty much dead today, and steam doesn't track games such as stuff on Origin or Blizzard titles.

So you really can't accurately track this game (or any game for that matter).

But I understand, you'll make up some reason on why you're right, I'm wrong that will lack any form of logic.

This is logical and correct. The largest problem for people trying to pull up numbers from those sources is the numbers will not be right unless all added together.

It is just easier to wait for EA to say if they will keep in running or not do to sales. Sales should of been good to start, but I am not sure about the long term.
---
Manius
Imperator
#32dxb020100Posted 4/22/2013 1:08:21 PM
darkace77450 posted...
It doesn't matter if xfire or any other number tracking system accurately track the whole base. What matters is whether or not those it does track are holding steady or declining.

First off, you argue dirty, man. Second, this is not entirely true. Take, for example, the Presidential election in 2012. Gallup had Romney gaining support in its final poll when we now know that was actually the opposite of what was happening. They got these numbers by relying on land-line surveys and mostly ignored cell phones; this led many to take issue with their sampling procedure.

Back to the current example....It could be argue, hypothetically, that there is something unique about the end users who are surveyed through this tracking software. Following this logic, then it could also be argued that their trends may be unique to their sample population and not representative of the entire population. Thus, when we see these numbers going down, they could be holding steady or actually going up.

Now, I am not saying this is what is happening, I am only offering a scenario which refutes your assertion as a universal rule. We can look to the 2012 Presidential election Gallup poll's sampling procedure for support for this claim.
#33happyscrub1Posted 4/22/2013 7:03:31 PM
Extremely casual gamers don't join sites like that. SimCity is a game that will draws in more casual gamers so a site like that won't really reflect that.

That's why a lot of games that make tons of dough will never been seen on list like that. Games like The Sims or Wii games that your parents would play. Hell, with all the angry bird cross overs, I wouldn't be surprised if that crap was the most played game now cause of casual gamers.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg