Atari
Activision
EAO
and others meant quality
even Maxis
Sid
Sawyer

names were linked to the quality of the game and type of game it was

The Maxis of today is not the maxis of the past... Simcity has a laundry list of issues and i'm glad they are working on them but many choices and decissions could have been made to prevent them to begin with .. i doubt we will know any of the deep reasons behind changes in program direction, removal of content and change in behavior.

I have a personal feeling it came down to promises and time.. deadline and revenue, dates and commitments..

They can always add thigns in .. and they are working on making it functional and better.. i look forward to mondays updates of 2.0 .. and hope its a starting point of what we can look forward to.

But all of us have to continue to post anything we find with a fresh perspective and keep the list of bugs and fix's up to date as we find them so that they can work on them.

I'm not going to get into the politics of what i think and what is.. it just is.. right or wrong we have what we have .. i'm not going to get a refund so i'm going to work and try to get my bugs fixed and the game playable .. i enjoy the game and it will get better like anything with bugs.. not like windows and even office do not crash on me every day for some reason..

so lets wait and see
#42aiRWaLKRePosted 4/20/2013 4:09:35 PM(edited)
myzz7 posted...
Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.

i lol that this was even allowed to be a problem in the first place

You clearly don't know how QA testing works. You can't fix everything, nor can everything be found. The fact that this happens would imply that no QA testers made residential only cities. Sometimes, bugs have to be found by the masses and not the few.

Kinda hard to find problems when the closed beta testers only had an hour of a city to play befor having to start a new one. So they dont have good in house testers either it seems :)
---
"After 7 years on gamefaqs, one thing that I have learned is to pay little attention to the opinions or statements of new users." -aiRWaLKRe
#43LordPonchoPosted 4/20/2013 6:19:02 PM
aiRWaLKRe posted...
myzz7 posted...
Tuning: Residential-only cities have failure state.

i lol that this was even allowed to be a problem in the first place

You clearly don't know how QA testing works. You can't fix everything, nor can everything be found. The fact that this happens would imply that no QA testers made residential only cities. Sometimes, bugs have to be found by the masses and not the few.

Kinda hard to find problems when the closed beta testers only had an hour of a city to play befor having to start a new one. So they dont have good in house testers either it seems :)

Beta was a stress test of the servers. (And obviously a failed one, at that)
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800