So now the DLC plan has expanded to buying toothpaste in real life?!?!

#11SlyClone2kPosted 4/17/2013 3:45:00 AM
Bullfrog and Westwood. RIP :( Although Peter Molyneux at least then went on to set up Lionhead Studios and create some great games (well, depending on your perspective Fable, The movies and B&W have all been gems in my opinion) .

Still a remake of Dungeon Keeper, Populous, Theme Park and Theme Hospital wouldn't go amiss.

Whod' have thought it, a demand for Sim and God games going back 25 years..
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#12darkace77450Posted 4/17/2013 4:19:12 AM
Nice list, SoulTrapper; but an incomplete one.

2012 - About half a year after releasing Battlefield 3, EA shuts down most of its servers. This forced players who wished to continue playing to pay for their own servers (costing $25/month per server), opened the door for server admin abuse, and made it virtually impossible to find a server running 100% tickets on a full rotation of maps.

2012 - EA forces BioWare (along with the rest of the studios under their umbrella) to integrate multiplayer into Mass Effect 3. Despite promises that this move would not affect those solely interested in the single player campaign, the best ending (the only ending in which the main character survives) was only obtainable by those who participated in multiplayer.
#13Bikes-Posted 4/17/2013 5:51:44 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Not the first game to do this and certainly won't be the last.

Cherry picking things to use against EA, when EA wasn't the first nor last to do this kind of this thing.

As far as I remember excluding XP boosts the only people to actually lock DLC stuff to other products before was also EA (Dr. Pepper promotion from a while ago)
And people hated on those XP boost promotions as well.
#14I Like ToastPosted 4/17/2013 6:03:49 AM
and halo did it with gamefuel and CoD has tied 2x weekends to mountain dew. EA has been doing cross promotions with dr pepper and Dove for years.

and people went out en mass to buy mountain dew as well.
---
http://mikelikesthis.net/
MGS 5 Officially Confirmed
#15SoulTrapperPosted 4/17/2013 6:16:49 AM
darkace77450 posted...
Nice list, SoulTrapper; but an incomplete one.

2012 - About half a year after releasing Battlefield 3, EA shuts down most of its servers. This forced players who wished to continue playing to pay for their own servers (costing $25/month per server), opened the door for server admin abuse, and made it virtually impossible to find a server running 100% tickets on a full rotation of maps.

2012 - EA forces BioWare (along with the rest of the studios under their umbrella) to integrate multiplayer into Mass Effect 3. Despite promises that this move would not affect those solely interested in the single player campaign, the best ending (the only ending in which the main character survives) was only obtainable by those who participated in multiplayer.

Not my work, someone on 4chan made it, but I'll add those for future postings, thanks

I Like Toast posted...
and halo did it with gamefuel and CoD has tied 2x weekends to mountain dew. EA has been doing cross promotions with dr pepper and Dove for years.

and people went out en mass to buy mountain dew as well.

XP boosts and actual game content are quite a difference, though the xp boosts are incredibly stupid as well.

The mountain dew promotion luckily did lead to people finally question video game "journalism" and realizing that most sites offer nothing more then advertising disguised as reviews.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43585156&postcount=1
---
PSN: El_Coon
#16TheSpectrePosted 4/17/2013 6:41:53 AM
This is hilarious. I wonder how many sheep they'll have buying whatever they want them to buy lmao
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#17anonymous46773Posted 4/17/2013 7:02:25 AM
God damn it, EA.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#18poweryogaPosted 4/17/2013 7:40:55 AM
color me surprised.... haha just kidding. Chalk another one up to EA.

I wouldn't be surprised if the simcity franchise dies after this fiasco.
#19darkace77450Posted 4/17/2013 8:19:43 AM
poweryoga posted...
color me surprised.... haha just kidding. Chalk another one up to EA.

I wouldn't be surprised if the simcity franchise dies after this fiasco.

It already has. Well, it's been mortally wounded. It will struggle on a bit before slumping into the dust and passing away, but it's been dealt its deathblow. SimCity isn't the first franchise EA has killed, and it won't be the last.
#20Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/17/2013 9:18:38 AM
TheSpectre posted...
This is hilarious. I wonder how many sheep they'll have buying whatever they want them to buy lmao

Toast and Poncho have firmly had their lips on EA's ass for quite some time now.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19