So now the DLC plan has expanded to buying toothpaste in real life?!?!

#41SoulTrapperPosted 4/20/2013 4:19:58 AM
Twinrova225 posted...

Renegade didn't bomb, unless you consider average review scores of %75~ to be terrible. The game itself was actually pretty decent, and the multiplayer was considered to be pretty good and innovative, with a nice mix of strategy and shooting. I can't find any info on the sales, but everyone who played it would say it was fairly good.

Renegade wasn't a bad game, but it didn't do good sales wise.
As proven by the fact that EA closed down the studio after the game was released to a rather poor reception.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/CommandAndConquerRenegade

Creator Killer: The overlords at Electronic Arts terminated Westwood Studios after the modest reception of the game.

Whether it was a good game or not, is rather irrelevant in that statement. A lot of other good games didn't get very good sales either.

This is just untrue. As a fellow shiver me timbers player, I can tell you that you did not need to play multiplayer at all for the "best" ending (if you could call it that). It still sucked. But it's false that you needed to play it to get the best ending.

Oh, and like Renegade, a lot of people actually found the multiplayer to be really enjoyable.

You're correct, I found that it is possible if you complete almost every quest and side quest and collect every item for everyone on the Citadel.
So it's not impossible, just incredibly tedious and long winded.

krillens posted...
did you not get what you paid for?

yes, it had its bugs, but that is being fixed... this happens with ALL online games

Pretty sure people paid for a working product and they didn't get that until a day or two after they bought it.
It's still not functioning properly more then a month after release.

"Fixes are coming" is no excuse for releasing a game that clearly wasn't finished.

Fact that it's taking more then a month to fix it, adds further proof to the fact that the game was rushed and not ready for release.

Whather it is an online game or not is irrelevant.
The issues are not just with the online part, even the single player part doesn't work properly.

Forcing people to be always online to play the game doesn't justify releasing a broken product.

so you are going to cry when a BUSINESS makes NEW PRODUCTS and DOESNT OFFER IT FOR FREE? cry more

oh.. and i got a free copy of need for speed

cant wait to try my new toothpaste

They don't have to offer it for free, it's just that whoring yourself out like EA is doing, shows just how deep they'll crawl for a bit of money and how little dignity they attach to their products and themselves.

It's the equivalent of getting a "Walmart" tattoo on your forehead, just because they'll pay for it.

"But they're a company, they need to make money"

How about making a decent product, pretty sure that'll get them money as well.
EA's financial issues are caused by their own inefficient structuring and complete lack of respect for consumers.

And no one is complaining that it isn't free nice attempted strawman.

People are laughing at how pathetic this is.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#42darkace77450Posted 4/20/2013 6:59:39 AM
Twinrova225 posted...
No, it is not "irrefutably true". You just needed to do enough side quests. Bioware themselves pointed it out, as did a number of people on its own gamefaqs board. I played the game and completed all but maybe one or two side quests, because I moved on from a point where they could no longer be completed. I got the best ending. This was before any DLC outside of mini-DLC multplayer packs came out.

Nobody lied about the endings. They sucked, but you did not need to play multiplayer. As I said, I was a shive rme timbers player (if you're too thickheaded to get that, it means I pirated it). Therefore, no multiplayer for me. And yet, I got the "best ending".

I did EVERY quest in ME, imported that to ME2, did EVERY quest in ME2, imported that to ME3, and did EVERY quest in ME3. I was almost full paragon (i.e. I didn't kill and/or screw over people for giggles), everyone survived the Suicide Mission, and did all DLC missions and quests for ME and ME2.

I didn't miss anything. That's not hyperbole. I literally did everything there was to do in SP through three games. And I still didn't have enough War Assets to get the "best ending". Without an increased Galactic Readiness from MP, something I chose not to do, it was impossible to get the "best ending". By "best ending" I'm not referring to "Green", I'm referring to "Red: Breathing".
#43Twinrova225Posted 4/20/2013 12:15:33 PM
darkace77450 posted...
Twinrova225 posted...
No, it is not "irrefutably true". You just needed to do enough side quests. Bioware themselves pointed it out, as did a number of people on its own gamefaqs board. I played the game and completed all but maybe one or two side quests, because I moved on from a point where they could no longer be completed. I got the best ending. This was before any DLC outside of mini-DLC multplayer packs came out.

Nobody lied about the endings. They sucked, but you did not need to play multiplayer. As I said, I was a shive rme timbers player (if you're too thickheaded to get that, it means I pirated it). Therefore, no multiplayer for me. And yet, I got the "best ending".

I did EVERY quest in ME, imported that to ME2, did EVERY quest in ME2, imported that to ME3, and did EVERY quest in ME3. I was almost full paragon (i.e. I didn't kill and/or screw over people for giggles), everyone survived the Suicide Mission, and did all DLC missions and quests for ME and ME2.

I didn't miss anything. That's not hyperbole. I literally did everything there was to do in SP through three games. And I still didn't have enough War Assets to get the "best ending". Without an increased Galactic Readiness from MP, something I chose not to do, it was impossible to get the "best ending". By "best ending" I'm not referring to "Green", I'm referring to "Red: Breathing".

And yet somehow, I myself and numerous other people have, without playing any multiplayer what so ever. So most likely you didn't actually do all the sidequests. You're free to argue about this until you're red in the face (haha I made a pun), but the fact remains I got the ending without playing multiplayer.
---
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery
#44xoxide124Posted 4/20/2013 1:24:19 PM
rikvanoostende posted...
Thanks, nice summary; it did changed my opinion about EA from bad to worse.
I'll had to think twice before needing Origin for ME3 and SC2013 but bought it anyway. Maybe I'll think thrice next time.

thats alot of detail.. thanks for the posting actually.

yea .. ea sux.. to bad maxis is part of that family and so many other brands that were much better off independant but would have never survived i dont think otherwise ;/

catch 22
#45Wolfwood824Posted 4/21/2013 1:53:43 PM
When you guys say "best ending" for ME3, you should specify exactly which ending you're talking about rather than just assuming you're both talking about the same thing. =P

It's rather obvious that Casey Hudson would consider Synthesis to be the "best" ending, which one could always get without multiplayer. In that case, the claim that you didn't need MP for the "best ending" wouldn't be a lie.

If, however, by "best ending," you mean the one where Shepard survives: that one originally did require a higher EMS than was possible without multiplayer before the Extended Cut was released (at minimum, you needed 4000 EMS; even with an imported Shepard with whom you made absolutely sure to make all of the "correct" choices throughout the entire series and got the greatest amount of assets possible, you would still end up several hundred points short of 4000).
---
Game Guides 'N Stuff
http://www.youtube.com/Wolfwood824
#46darkace77450Posted 4/22/2013 3:49:05 PM
Wolfwood824 posted...
When you guys say "best ending" for ME3, you should specify exactly which ending you're talking about rather than just assuming you're both talking about the same thing. =P

It's rather obvious that Casey Hudson would consider Synthesis to be the "best" ending, which one could always get without multiplayer. In that case, the claim that you didn't need MP for the "best ending" wouldn't be a lie.

If, however, by "best ending," you mean the one where Shepard survives: that one originally did require a higher EMS than was possible without multiplayer before the Extended Cut was released (at minimum, you needed 4000 EMS; even with an imported Shepard with whom you made absolutely sure to make all of the "correct" choices throughout the entire series and got the greatest amount of assets possible, you would still end up several hundred points short of 4000).

THANK YOU! The latter is indeed the ending to which I've been referring when I said "best". I'm glad someone else stumbled into this thread and backed me up.