Would you buy DLC for Simcity in its current state?

#1ertfertPosted 4/17/2013 5:45:46 PM
topic
I mean, theyre releasing things like that Nissan ad DLC and announcing that stupid toothpaste promotion while the game is essentially broken
Are EA really trying to blatantly look like theyre trying to make a quick cash grab from companies willing to pay them for the advertisement and then just check out when thats done?
Because I reckon any sensible company would put that on hold, fix the game, THEN employ a marketing campaign so as not to get even MORE negative press about the game

Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but the only way that makes sense to me is that if theyre not willing to spend any more money on the game, so theyre just trying to squeeze out as much money out of it as they can before the ad companies stop returning their calls.

I mean, who would really buy crest toothpaste for the DLC if the game is broken?
I dont think their sales would increase AT ALL unless EA fixes the game
If i used Crest id probably stop using it out of pure spite
#2game_man1Posted 4/17/2013 5:54:02 PM
what the hell is wrong with a free dlc from something you were going to buy anyways?

also the guys making the dlc are not the same guys trying to fix bugs.
#3ertfert(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 6:00:15 PM
game_man1 posted...
what the hell is wrong with a free dlc from something you were going to buy anyways?

its about what the company is focused on, adding DLC takes resources, when all the devs should be focused on the problems in the game
and second, I just dont see any reason to focus on ads when the game is broken

the reason they have free DLC in Crest boxes is because Crest wants to increase sales with new users and hopefully theyll be repeat users after that
but if NO ONE wants the DLC because the game is broken, no one is going to switch tooth paste brands
#4game_man1Posted 4/17/2013 6:02:55 PM
ertfert posted...
game_man1 posted...

its about what the company is focused on, adding DLC takes resources, when all the devs should be focused on the problems in the game
and second, I just dont see any reason to focus on ads when the game is broken

the reason they have free DLC in Crest boxes is because Crest wants to increase sales with new users and hopefully theyll be repeat users after that
but if NO ONE wants the DLC because the game is broken, no one is going to switch tooth paste brands

this stuff is put together ahead of time, they can't just cancel due to bugs in the game.
#5darkace77450Posted 4/17/2013 6:18:13 PM
game_man1 posted...

Correct. The guys emptying the trash and sweeping the floors are the guys trying to fix bugs (or so it would seem).
#6Bossdog421Posted 4/17/2013 8:29:58 PM
I don't buy DLC, ever. It's the worst thing that has ever happened to gaming.
#7NoOneReallyCaresPosted 4/18/2013 12:30:19 AM
I mean, no way would I "buy" dlc for the game in its current state on account that I want to get my money back for the game itself but I really doubt the free dlc has much impact since it was likely planned in advance and loading it up is probably a trivial matter (as long as it doesn't break something, then I'd be pissed).

That being said, I can understand not wanting to hear anything out of EA be it DLC related or "post your best <specialization type> city here" when there is a mountain of addressed bugs to fixed. As far as I am concerned the ONLY thing I want to hear about from them is when the patch that will fix things is going to be out.
#82pp3nd1xPosted 4/18/2013 6:53:36 AM
Bossdog421 posted...
I don't buy DLC, ever. It's the worst thing that has ever happened to gaming.

Did you but DLC Quest?
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
#9TFHDeathUA709Posted 4/18/2013 7:42:59 AM
darkace77450 posted...
game_man1 posted...

Correct. The guys emptying the trash and sweeping the floors are the guys trying to fix bugs (or so it would seem).

Lol. So you're saying that the ones emptying the trash and sweeping the floors are the guys that create and add DLC to the game?

That's the worst example ever.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#10darkace77450Posted 4/18/2013 9:15:46 AM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
darkace77450 posted...
game_man1 posted...

Lol. So you're saying that the ones emptying the trash and sweeping the floors are the guys that create and add DLC to the game?

That's the worst example ever.

I'm saying this game was designed and programmed by people who aren't very good at designing and programming video games. From the conceptual flaws to the game-breaking bugs, the game couldn't have been rated much lower had EA's janitors made the thing.