Update 2.0 to be Released Monday (Per Maxis)

#51cns1977Posted 4/24/2013 7:28:19 AM
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
Hand7774 posted...
I'm actively playing this game that's why I am posing on this board.

If you have hated this game from day one and still here crying you are no longer a critic, you are a troll.

Maybe i just played this game series since i was 7, and i feel ripped off and saddened by this game which i feel is rubbish?

I posted in this board maybe 4 times max, am i "troll" now because i dont agree with u that this is a good game?

What a nonsense post you've made today...PS i played simcity 4 recently as this morning, great game

I do not believe that the message was saying that anyone who disagrees with their point of view is a troll. I think that was more about someone who initially posted their displeasure with the game and then continues to drive that point home on a daily basis just for the sake of doing it. By that rationale, I wouldn't label you as such, and I don't think that the poster is either.
#52xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 1:45:28 PM
cns1977 posted...
BEAMS_ae86 posted...
Hand7774 posted...
I'm actively playing this game that's why I am posing on this board.

If you have hated this game from day one and still here crying you are no longer a critic, you are a troll.

Maybe i just played this game series since i was 7, and i feel ripped off and saddened by this game which i feel is rubbish?

I posted in this board maybe 4 times max, am i "troll" now because i dont agree with u that this is a good game?

What a nonsense post you've made today...PS i played simcity 4 recently as this morning, great game

I do not believe that the message was saying that anyone who disagrees with their point of view is a troll. I think that was more about someone who initially posted their displeasure with the game and then continues to drive that point home on a daily basis just for the sake of doing it. By that rationale, I wouldn't label you as such, and I don't think that the poster is either.

same point over and over every day with no change in the same tone so you feel like your beating your head against the wall that never ends.. = troll

derp .. maybe :) hahah
j/k

i think i have been called everything possible..
#53SoulTrapperPosted 4/24/2013 2:05:43 PM
xoxide124 posted...

same point over and over every day with no change in the same tone so you feel like your beating your head against the wall that never ends.. = troll

j/k

The game hadn't improved since launch, so expecting people's points to change is foolish.

If the game had actually gotten fixed before the patch (which still didn't fix everything), people wouldn't be repeating the same thing.

Blaming the wrong people: EA is at fault for releasing a buggy mess, the people complaining about it are just expressing their anger and disbelief at just how little respect this shows.

You paid for a product that still isn't fully functional more then a month after you bought it, I think people have every right to complain until EA actually fixes their mess.

If you consider standing up for yourself as a consumer "trolling", then I don't think you understand the meaning of the word.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#54cns1977Posted 4/24/2013 3:27:58 PM
To be fair, there isn't a game out there that isn't developed to the fullest anymore. I think that most of us can agree on that. The age of DLC has assured everyone that consumers will never get a full(y functional) game ever again.
#55xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 3:58:25 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
xoxide124 posted...

j/k

The game hadn't improved since launch, so expecting people's points to change is foolish.

If the game had actually gotten fixed before the patch (which still didn't fix everything), people wouldn't be repeating the same thing.

Blaming the wrong people: EA is at fault for releasing a buggy mess, the people complaining about it are just expressing their anger and disbelief at just how little respect this shows.

You paid for a product that still isn't fully functional more then a month after you bought it, I think people have every right to complain until EA actually fixes their mess.

If you consider standing up for yourself as a consumer "trolling", then I don't think you understand the meaning of the word.

actually i think it has multiple meanings and uses .. but trolling aside

i think it boils down to community, respect and working together.. a this point frustrations aside.. there were factors at play that really were against alot of the maxis devs to get product to release for maxis mgmt and ea from what i can tell now.. just the plop team pushing out content in the middle of bugs and product like that going to shelf shows that there were time tables in places MONTHS before even the launch for that to have been in place. so .. yea.. alot to be said and realized when you think about it

2.0 i think tests the waters of change but it has done what i expected..fixed some obvious.. changed some not very obvious and gave us all new things to see find out and worry about .. so we will most likey see a 2.1 and 2.2 quickly to fix some of them ..

3.0 is definitly in the works but i would say by the time 5.5 comes out it will not be what we have no at all..

doesn't mean i dont share the frusration.. i'm just not here to argue or fight over something that is mute.. EA is EA.. i dont give a shinit about them.. Maxis well they are owned by the Umbrella Corporation.. Zombies and taking over the world is all EA understands these days... not the impact of decissions.. its just profit and loss.. make it up .. call crest and get that contract signed .. ok now on to pepsico and coke.. dont forget mcdonalds

but thats not maxis.. they are using the medium but its not the same people.. thats what i have learned.. they are seperate.. the maxis dev team is working to resolve everything they are finding from 2.0 launch but even said weeks ago that things didn't make it into 2.0 they wanted.. it was in QA's hands.. so i didn't expect large changes just enough to get a different feel and i have to admit the game feels different.. i see things doing things they didn't both pro and con.. not the point.. it shows the game has more of an organic engine then i thought.. agents and seeds...

if you think about it.. just imagine what 1 year longer development and open beta could have produced if it wasn't for timelines and Someone looking over thier shoulders..

i'm just going to help anyone i can the best i can at this point and eventually things will work out one way or the other.. i remember how bad sc4 was before rush hour and patches so.. <Shrug>
#56xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2013 4:00:09 PM
cns1977 posted...
To be fair, there isn't a game out there that isn't developed to the fullest anymore. I think that most of us can agree on that. The age of DLC has assured everyone that consumers will never get a full(y functional) game ever again.

i'm not sure there is anything built without some tollerance or flaw in the design.. this coming from me whom works at a mfg firm with the military ahahha

so many times we have to do a root cause analysis on something
#57SoulTrapperPosted 4/25/2013 2:39:21 AM
xoxide124 posted...

actually i think it has multiple meanings and uses .. but trolling aside

i think it boils down to community, respect and working together.. a this point frustrations aside.. there were factors at play that really were against alot of the maxis devs to get product to release for maxis mgmt and ea from what i can tell now.. just the plop team pushing out content in the middle of bugs and product like that going to shelf shows that there were time tables in places MONTHS before even the launch for that to have been in place. so .. yea.. alot to be said and realized when you think about it

So EA forcing them to release early and rushing the game is valid excuse?
It's a total lack of respect for the customer.

2.0 i think tests the waters of change but it has done what i expected..fixed some obvious.. changed some not very obvious and gave us all new things to see find out and worry about .. so we will most likey see a 2.1 and 2.2 quickly to fix some of them ..

3.0 is definitly in the works but i would say by the time 5.5 comes out it will not be what we have no at all..

Which means they shouldn't have released the game until 3.0.

The fact that they rush out a buggy mess of a game, months before it was actually ready, just shows how very little respect they have for you and your money.

It's not about frustration, it's about being disrespected as a consumer.

No other industry would do stuff like this, the only reason they get away with it, is because people are dumb enough to just sit there and accept this.

doesn't mean i dont share the frusration.. i'm just not here to argue or fight over something that is mute.. EA is EA.. i dont give a shinit about them.. Maxis well they are owned by the Umbrella Corporation.. Zombies and taking over the world is all EA understands these days... not the impact of decissions.. its just profit and loss.. make it up .. call crest and get that contract signed .. ok now on to pepsico and coke.. dont forget mcdonalds

but thats not maxis.. they are using the medium but its not the same people.. thats what i have learned.. they are seperate.. the maxis dev team is working to resolve everything they are finding from 2.0 launch but even said weeks ago that things didn't make it into 2.0 they wanted.. it was in QA's hands.. so i didn't expect large changes just enough to get a different feel and i have to admit the game feels different.. i see things doing things they didn't both pro and con.. not the point.. it shows the game has more of an organic engine then i thought.. agents and seeds...

if you think about it.. just imagine what 1 year longer development and open beta could have produced if it wasn't for timelines and Someone looking over thier shoulders..

i'm just going to help anyone i can the best i can at this point and eventually things will work out one way or the other.. i remember how bad sc4 was before rush hour and patches so.. <Shrug>

EA=Maxis, they are not separate companies.

http://www.ea.com/labels

"Maxis" is just a label at this point, same with Bioware. The people and companies behind those have long since been dead.

That's the problem: why did they not give it enough time to be developed properly?
Is our money not worth a functioning game?

It's the equivalent of buying a vacuum cleaner without the nozzle and the company saying "You'll get it later on, just crawl on your knees for now if you want to clean."

A total lack of respect for the consumer, which is exactly why EA won the worst company award.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#58SlyClone2kPosted 4/25/2013 3:48:42 AM
I couldn't figure out why the time constraints would be so imposed to release a game that wasn't yet fit for purpose.

But all this product tie-in DLC is a pretty good indicator. I imagine breaches to contractual obligations to Nissan / Oral B would have been far more costly than a few hundred thousand people not buying a game because it was buggy. After all these kind of promotions don't pop in companies over night and on a shoestring. I know that Nissan is doing a massive sales drive world wide right now.

That said it seems to me they decided to take the risk and watch people buy the game later as the bugs get ironed out and apologise to the ones who already bought the train wreck by giving them something nice (i.e. free stuff) - Job done.

People can probably stop talking about it now..

From what I can see of SC5 the bugs and issues could go on for quite a while, but to my mind at the very least not losing your save games, in an online only game, is the most fundamental and important fix they can deliver. Most everything else is just tuning.
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#59TFHDeathUA709Posted 4/25/2013 7:18:10 AM
darkace77450 posted...
I Like Toast posted...
Cities not Processing: Mitigates some of the issues that were causing cities not to process. We are continuing to work on and improve this issue.

Wait a minute! Is that an acknowledgment from the developers of the game that SimCity does in fact still suffer from server issues that cause cities to be rolled back or lost entirely? That can't be! Toast himself has told us, over and over again, that there are no longer server issues.

What a ****ing tool. You know a guy's a tool when he argues with the dictionary. You know a guy's REALLY a tool when he argues with the very developer's he's trying to defend.

I remember all the times he kept calling posters like myself liers every time we'd say there are still server issues. He can't even keep his trolling straight.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#60arucard199Posted 4/25/2013 8:55:12 AM
Telling dark and sedated to get a life just doesn't work, I'm afraid.

They must have some sort life-proof suit on. Some sort of anti-productive energy shield that keeps them stuck here crying about a game for weeks on end.

I pity them, really.
---
"OH YA! Look at ya! Talkin all dat good **** a second ago! Then you got KICKED IN YO CHEST!" -Col. Stinkmeaner