Update 2.0 to be Released Monday (Per Maxis)

#61xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 9:16:43 AM
SoulTrapper

I said that i think the game could have benifited greatly from a later release and longer open beta. This was my primary comment.. The others are based on where we are now which changes nothing.

we are kind of where we are.. its not like your going to be able to hold EA or the mgmt for multiple ROI's in any position to change what has already been done..

ITS DONE.. over with..

At this point working and moving forward is the only option unless you suggest abandonment of the program and any efforts.. which is your decission..

I can't say i'm going to let my 80x2 copies in value go down the drain because of someone elses choices and decissions..

this isn't a fight.. and if it was.. we lost the moment we gave them money to EA.. Maxis has to follow orders of the Umbrella Corporation.. and i say that PUN intended.. No matter how i feel about EA . It doesn't mean i feel the same about Maxis or its team of developers..

so what do you think we should do.. keep barking at EA thinking they are going to make some change? its pointless.. EA isn't listening and if they are its via Maxis and they dont care.. Maxis actually does care and have thier hands tied .. so what do you want..
#62xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 9:22:14 AM
SlyClone2k posted...
I couldn't figure out why the time constraints would be so imposed to release a game that wasn't yet fit for purpose.

But all this product tie-in DLC is a pretty good indicator. I imagine breaches to contractual obligations to Nissan / Oral B would have been far more costly than a few hundred thousand people not buying a game because it was buggy. After all these kind of promotions don't pop in companies over night and on a shoestring. I know that Nissan is doing a massive sales drive world wide right now.

That said it seems to me they decided to take the risk and watch people buy the game later as the bugs get ironed out and apologise to the ones who already bought the train wreck by giving them something nice (i.e. free stuff) - Job done.

People can probably stop talking about it now..

From what I can see of SC5 the bugs and issues could go on for quite a while, but to my mind at the very least not losing your save games, in an online only game, is the most fundamental and important fix they can deliver. Most everything else is just tuning.

Thank you.. that pretty much what i have been saying several times now.. Some of this made no sense in the beginning but when someone tweets .. OH thats the PLOP team and we have no say / nothing to do with that portion .. that kind of indicates ok wow.. more than one ROI with Multiple Time tables ..

I think its not that clean cut and done with .. there is still alot that can be done and will be done by effort of collaboration but not from just being all upset about things and not seeing and understanding the bigger picture..

i'm now on to trying to understand the different type of agents and how they impact the game .. its obvious now that portions are changed or missing do to release constraints .. which also explain the changes in how the game behaves and maybe why so much work needs to be done now.. but agian.. it is what it is...
#63xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 9:27:56 AM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
darkace77450 posted...
I Like Toast posted...
Cities not Processing: Mitigates some of the issues that were causing cities not to process. We are continuing to work on and improve this issue.

Wait a minute! Is that an acknowledgment from the developers of the game that SimCity does in fact still suffer from server issues that cause cities to be rolled back or lost entirely? That can't be! Toast himself has told us, over and over again, that there are no longer server issues.

What a ****ing tool. You know a guy's a tool when he argues with the dictionary. You know a guy's REALLY a tool when he argues with the very developer's he's trying to defend.

I remember all the times he kept calling posters like myself liers every time we'd say there are still server issues. He can't even keep his trolling straight.

at the same time.. don't dismiss anything they say.. i think in some way.. everyone pro and con brings something to the surface sooner or later and everything has a value..

i think most of us are over the beating maxis up..
but i think i'm over the preordering of anything for some time to come as a resullt of all of this

like it or not its impacted to many people. i think all of us have less faith as a result.. which is our only real weapon going forward...
#64SoulTrapperPosted 4/25/2013 3:06:26 PM
xoxide124 posted...
SoulTrapper

I said that i think the game could have benifited greatly from a later release and longer open beta. This was my primary comment.. The others are based on where we are now which changes nothing.

we are kind of where we are.. its not like your going to be able to hold EA or the mgmt for multiple ROI's in any position to change what has already been done..

ITS DONE.. over with..

At this point working and moving forward is the only option unless you suggest abandonment of the program and any efforts.. which is your decission..

I can't say i'm going to let my 80x2 copies in value go down the drain because of someone elses choices and decissions..

this isn't a fight.. and if it was.. we lost the moment we gave them money to EA.. Maxis has to follow orders of the Umbrella Corporation.. and i say that PUN intended.. No matter how i feel about EA . It doesn't mean i feel the same about Maxis or its team of developers..

so what do you think we should do.. keep barking at EA thinking they are going to make some change? its pointless.. EA isn't listening and if they are its via Maxis and they dont care.. Maxis actually does care and have thier hands tied .. so what do you want..

I'm not barking at EA, I'm barking at the people buying EA games, hoping they'll wake up and notice their asses hurt from the screwing EA keeps putting them through with every new game they buy.

Maxis is dead, they don't exist anymore. It's a label EA uses when releasing these type of games.
Same with Bioware: they died a long time ago.
EA just uses the Maxis and Bioware names to sell their products.

I know it's pointless to get EA to change as long as people keep buying their games without thinking twice, which is exactly why I'm here: to get people to think twice before buying an EA game.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#65xoxide124(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2013 3:42:01 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
xoxide124 posted...
SoulTrapper

ITS DONE.. over with..

I'm not barking at EA, I'm barking at the people buying EA games, hoping they'll wake up and notice their asses hurt from the screwing EA keeps putting them through with every new game they buy.

Maxis is dead, they don't exist anymore. It's a label EA uses when releasing these type of games.
Same with Bioware: they died a long time ago.
EA just uses the Maxis and Bioware names to sell their products.

I know it's pointless to get EA to change as long as people keep buying their games without thinking twice, which is exactly why I'm here: to get people to think twice before buying an EA game.

Maxis is stiffled i think .. not dead.. dunno what to make of ea or steam now.. i have had a few problems it will make me think twice before i buy and a game is released.. i will be on a wait before buy now since anno problems i had on steam and sc ..

but as far as sc2013 there is still hope.. just going to take more time than most want at this point.

i would like to think its not that bad.. but yea alot of good firms have become part of Umbrella Corporations IPO's rather than a title or development group in some cases.. they are carving them up like dinner at thanksgiving which is not cool..