So this is never going to have offline play, is it?

#1Tbon110Posted 4/22/2013 9:57:54 PM
I really want to give this game a try, but I recently read that Maxis has no plans to release a single player mode in the future. I don't know how reputable the article is and was hoping somebody might know a little more from Maxis. Before anyone asks; no, I do not have a stable connection due to living in a rural area. I wish there was a better option than my current service provider, but unfortunately there isn't. Just wanting to dissuade any trolls that might try to take up residence rather than answer my question.
---
The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.
#2rikvanoostendePosted 4/22/2013 10:48:38 PM
Probably, no.
Certainly, not in the near future.
Hopefully, they'll release an offline patch when they repurpose their servers in a few years.
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#3iscareu13Posted 4/23/2013 12:49:28 AM
rikvanoostende posted...
Probably, no.
Hopefully, they'll release an offline patch when they repurpose their servers this year.

Fix'd
#4rikvanoostendePosted 4/23/2013 1:08:21 AM
iscareu13 posted...
rikvanoostende posted...
Probably, no.
Hopefully, they'll release an offline patch when they repurpose their servers this year.

Fix'd

[remorseful response]
You don't truly believe that. And if you do, I am very sorry for you.
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#5colstripcapnPosted 4/23/2013 4:47:12 AM
Nope, it will be online forever, just like Diablo 3 is (but that at least may be offline for consoles when that happens, but PC will be online always).

How is rural internet unstable? I spent over 25 years in rural Montana, back before there even was an internet ;) Maybe once or twice a year I'd have an outage that lasted longer than a minute.

The game won't kick you out the second you lose a connection, you have a while (15 minutes I think?) before it will. So if it is just temporary packet loss that would kick you out of games like World of Warcraft or a FPS it shouldn't affect you at all in this game.

But I still would be hesitant to recommend this game on its other ... flaws... ;) It can be fun at times, but immensely aggravating at other times when things fall apart.
#6happyscrub1Posted 4/23/2013 7:07:49 AM
If you live in a rural area, go play outside.
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#7rikvanoostendePosted 4/23/2013 7:30:10 AM
happyscrub1 posted...
If you live in a rural area, go play outside.

LOL, that's like: "If you live in the city, got to the movies or a basketbal court."
No matter where you live, 'outside' is usually never far from you're at.
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#8JBDevinPosted 4/23/2013 9:43:58 AM
Tbon110 posted...
I really want to give this game a try, but I recently read that Maxis has no plans to release a single player mode in the future. I don't know how reputable the article is and was hoping somebody might know a little more from Maxis. Before anyone asks; no, I do not have a stable connection due to living in a rural area. I wish there was a better option than my current service provider, but unfortunately there isn't. Just wanting to dissuade any trolls that might try to take up residence rather than answer my question.

i live in a town of barely 150 people. i get amazing internet. can run online games while being able to torrent with no problems. there is an amazing selection of internet providers. you just need to look...

on top of that, there has been people who modded the game within days of release to allow offline play and various other options. take a look at reddit or other posts on this board for links. (to lazy to look)