Nice one EA, Again.

#21SoulTrapperPosted 4/29/2013 9:07:48 AM
clowning posted...

I think it's obvious what he's saying. At some point, you just have to finish your work. You could say "I could fix this, I could change that, I could tweak this..." but at some point, you just have to call it done and push it out the door.

When it takes more then a month to bring the product into a playable state, then it wasn't near to being finished.

They should have just delayed release and give customers a quality product.

Releasing the game as it was not only hurt sales numbers, it also further damaged EA's already horrible reputation.

You're right in saying that you have to finish your work at some point, but finishing it before it's playable and using "It's an online game, we'll just fix it later on"-thing as an excuse is not acceptable, by any means.

whitelytning posted...
It will continue until people stop buying game at release. The only way to find out if a game is good or not now is to wait until other people have actually played it. D3 and SimCity were both terrible games at release but because so many people pre-ordered/purchased right away they were both largely successful. This is only going to stop when the EA and Activision stop breaking sales records by publishing bad games. You can point fingers at lots of other things but it comes down to the consumers. If we stop buying these bad games they will stop being sold in an incomplete format.

Absolutely correct.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#22clowningPosted 4/29/2013 12:17:38 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
clowning posted...

I think it's obvious what he's saying. At some point, you just have to finish your work. You could say "I could fix this, I could change that, I could tweak this..." but at some point, you just have to call it done and push it out the door.

When it takes more then a month to bring the product into a playable state, then it wasn't near to being finished.

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was explaining my understanding of what someone else said. I understand you're upset over this whole release, but you need to calm down a little and pay attention to what people are saying. I wasn't disagreeing with you, or even responding to you. I was talking about something else completely.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#23SoulTrapperPosted 4/30/2013 6:57:44 AM(edited)
clowning posted...

That has nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was explaining my understanding of what someone else said. I understand you're upset over this whole release, but you need to calm down a little and pay attention to what people are saying. I wasn't disagreeing with you, or even responding to you. I was talking about something else completely.

This is the original quote:

one could argue that nothing / no art, game, program, os, software or even physical works of music and are are ever finished when presented
but no matter what.. many things could have been done to have prevented this if time had been given and used correctly.

Which is what I assumed you were replying to and which talks about this game.

I assumed you were continuing the conversation, my fault.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#24clowningPosted 4/30/2013 1:00:58 PM
There is no doubt that this game needed a few more months of development. That said, I understand the idea of saying "nothing is ever finished" particularly when talking about a creative endeavor.

But to be honest, this game has more problems, in my view, than merely a rushed release. Pretty much the entire design concept is deeply flawed.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#25Master of HatePosted 5/10/2013 9:22:32 PM
The biggest problem of all here is a matter of stupid, incomprehensible pride.

EA dropped the ball. They know, their fans know it, their enemies know, the press knows, professional reviewers know it. The game should never have had an online focus, but rather an online option. The continuous disregard for this fact is nothing more than EA being arrogant.

I'd bet $100 that, despite all the innate flaws, bugs, and problems in the game presently... that if they merely came out and said "Hey, we're sorry. We really, really ****ed up our idea and our execution. Next patch will remove the online requirement." that they'd attract old fans + new fans in droves, who would have a newfound sense of patience and tolerance for the ironing out of bugs and glitches and such.

But no. EA is determined to ignore this glaring fact. They'd rather bleed subscribers and customers to their grave than simply admit they made a terrible, horrible mistake (ala Square Enix and Final Fantasy 14's release) and try to show some good faith towards their fans.

Deplorable at best.
---
http://www.own3d.tv/Cymdai2 = Smite Stream