Still not cracked, always online works. Welcome to the future.

#41SoulTrapperPosted 4/26/2013 10:17:23 AM
Bossdog421 posted...

You are confusing what Ubisoft was doing with what is actually happening with real online only games. A simple server check and a few features that require you to be connected are not the same as what diablo and simcity have done and never took more than a day or so to bypass. Those "online only features" from Ubisoft aren't cracked either. Try and use ark storage for anno while using the cracked version.

What you're referring to is having full access to all the features, which is never what I claimed.
Because the same thing has already been done with this game: you can perfectly play it offline with a crack.
The only thing that's still needed is a function that lets you save on your own pc rather then the server.

Something that has also been cracked in some Ubisoft game (can't remember which one), where pirates simply hacked the servers and downloaded what they needed.

You seem so ready to spew hate and try to hide behind "facts" you can't prove because you can't link to them. Those same "facts" are disproved by anyone who is familiar with the piracy scene and will actually look at the information available. A Simple google search" takes you to all the sites where people are saying "doesn't work".

I would link them but I'll get banned, so no thanks.

Anyone familiar with "the pirate scene" knows these cracks exist.

If you look at your google search you'll also notice how google leaves out a dozen results due to DMCA claims, guess what those results led to?
That's right: a working crack.

To that note:

Diablo 3 wasn't cracked. What is available on private servers is no where near what is available to legit owners of the game, and is much less stable. You said "Playable", so you weren't lying, but SimCity was also "playable" the first week. You can get into a private server for Diablo but you aren't actually playing Diablo. In it's current state it isn't accessible to the masses of pirates either. Diablo still proves online only works, it broke sales records, it wouldn't have if it you could pirate it day one like the rest of PC games. It took the scene too long to deliver a product that isn't up to par with the retail version. A win for always online.

That doesn't prove anything.

You somehow assume that the sequel to one of the most popular PC games ever wouldn't have sold a record number if it didn't have DRM?

Prove that it wouldn't have broken those records if it didn't have online only.

I'm fairly certain that people would have wanted a legit copy to play on the blizzard servers with other people anyway, regardless of whether a pirate version was available.

They're patching in an offline mode in the next update:

Blizzard spokesman Wosddszd announced the news in today’s meeting: “we will launch the host version of Diablo 3, but the host version is offline game, judging from the reaction of players recently, we realize that we made a mistake: too unfair for PC players. All players should enjoy the same happiness, so we decided open the offline game mode in the next update.”

Simcity doesn't even have emulated servers, let alone a crack. The only thing it has is a hack to disable online checks for people who actually own the product and some clunky dev tools that don't add much to the game at this point.

I never claimed Simcity had private servers, but it was cracked since the first week.
People were playing offline without the need for an internet connection.

The only thing they weren't able to do, was save or access some of the trade functions.

The rest of the game was perfectly playable.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#42SlyClone2kPosted 4/26/2013 10:17:33 AM
xoxide124 posted...
SlyClone2k posted...
This is truly one of the most pointless arguments i've seen Gamefaqs.

SC5 isn't cracked and until someone releases private servers it won't be cracked. Even then it probably won't be much good, as private servers rarely are. If you don't believe me try a WoW private server, its not the same game (due to bugs, admins tinkering with damage controls & levels, availability of gear etc etc)

I'm struggling to work out where there's any argument to be had or why there's this persistent need to keep calling each other liars.

thats why i mentioned mini server.. <shrug>

No argument with you Jeff - just a few of the other posters. Maybe they'll pop out licensed servers in the future when the fear of piracy is negated ;)
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#43SoulTrapperPosted 4/26/2013 10:21:01 AM
LordPoncho posted...

Because he wants to prove, through strawman arguments, that I work for EA and all I do is lie.

I'm quite familiar with the piracy scene, and the titles I listed HAVEN'T been cracked. The guy above you basically said all that's needed to be said, but Soul won't listen. He's too intent on proving I work for EA that he's blind to facts, even when I'm not supporting EA.

I don't care if you work for EA, I do care when you lie, something you do quite regularly.

LordPoncho posted...

Imma have to tell you that this is wrong. There's been a handful of online only titles, and none of them have been crscked .

I hope this doesn't affect our relationship on the GTA board </3

That's blatant lie, same as your claims that this game "didn't have many bugs" a few weeks ago.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#44Lord_Shadow_19Posted 4/26/2013 2:53:15 PM
I see Poncho is still here slurping it up to EA still.

Going for Employee of the Month?
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#45xoxide124Posted 4/26/2013 4:58:07 PM
SlyClone2k posted...
xoxide124 posted...
SlyClone2k posted...

SC5 isn't cracked and until someone releases private servers it won't be cracked. Even then it probably won't be much good, as private servers rarely are. If you don't believe me try a WoW private server, its not the same game (due to bugs, admins tinkering with damage controls & levels, availability of gear etc etc)

I'm struggling to work out where there's any argument to be had or why there's this persistent need to keep calling each other liars.

No argument with you Jeff - just a few of the other posters. Maybe they'll pop out licensed servers in the future when the fear of piracy is negated ;)

well actually.. theory.. if we grab packets and create a server that simulates via proxy or address redirection.. that is not piracy that would be reverse engineering..

Techincally i think that would not be against anything.. since your not tampering with either side.. just redirecting.. thats kind of specific but .. <shrug>
#46xoxide124Posted 4/26/2013 4:59:55 PM
SlyClone2k posted...
xoxide124 posted...
SlyClone2k posted...

sorry second thought
has anyone taken a packet sniffer to simcity 2013 yet?????
#47Bossdog421(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2013 3:39:07 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

Anyone familiar with "the pirate scene" knows these cracks exist.

If you look at your google search you'll also notice how google leaves out a dozen results due to DMCA claims, guess what those results led to?
That's right: a working crack.

Yet every other game that is cracked you can get direct links to torrents and DD sites from the same google search. There is no crack no matter how much you kick and scream and want to believe there is. If there was it would be readily available, not just lead to comments on the so called download having tons of people saying "doesn't work" or "just put it in a torrent so i can actually download"

I think it just eats away at you that you can't play the game so you lurk here spreading hate. If you can't play it illegally then no one should play it! *tantrum*
#48DarkAssAssIn051Posted 4/27/2013 6:16:03 PM
people need to stop whining about the game not being cracked and go buy it already the games really worth the money
---
http://www.youtube.com/TheyCallMeDrac
#49KHWyvernPosted 4/27/2013 6:43:49 PM
DarkAssAssIn051 posted...
people need to stop whining about the game not being cracked and go buy it already the games really worth the money

With the DRM? Nope.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#50thebeaslePosted 4/27/2013 7:31:01 PM
Bossdog421 posted...

I think it just eats away at you that you can't play the game so you lurk here spreading hate. If you can't play it illegally then no one should play it! *tantrum*

Wow you're a regular Doctor Freud. Can't speak for SoulTrapper but what eats at me is how badly EA screwed up this game. I could tell after 1 hour in the beta it was going to be terrible. I would tolerate the DRM if the game was actually good (I still play D3).

It's really not a big deal for me to drop $60 on a game, but I'm not going to throw away my money and support trash like SC2013. And SoulTrapper doesn't need to "spread hate" about this game. Gamespot and Metacritic do that just fine.