SimCity - The Vanishing Act

#11SlyClone2kPosted 4/25/2013 11:46:42 PM
whitelytning posted...
Not saying it doesn't happen but I have never had any issue with things being lost and neither have any of the people I have talked to about this game. The traffic is a serious problem but this game really isn't as bad as all you people pretend.

Don't like EA? thats fine there are good reasons to not like them. No reason to blindly hate on this game like so many people already do.

I've seen enough reports that its happening to feel that the chances are higher than I can manage to accept. One of my pet hates is losing progress in a game, particularly in strategy games. I'm one of those people who's married to the quick save button.

I could cope if the reports were losses from hour roll backs, but total loss of cities and regions? How can they not be able to provide restores yet!! The mind boggles!
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#12Kythlyn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 12:11:41 AM
SlyClone2k posted...
I could cope if the reports were losses from hour roll backs, but total loss of cities and regions? How can they not be able to provide restores yet!! The mind boggles!

Nothing offline mode couldn't cure. :) Local save files are pretty essential to SimCity anyway, given the fun it is to wreak havoc on a city and then load a save file.
---
http://gamerhorizon.com/
#13GodSpark127Posted 5/5/2013 12:57:46 AM
EA just keeps digging that hole deeper and deeper. Outright pulling the plug and screwing people over on SImCity Social does not bode well at all. If they do yank SimCity servers without adding singleplayer option, and make all copies of the game useless, it will be the biggest video game scandal in recent memory. A scandal that could very well tank EA's already horrid reputation and possibly tank the company altogether. I cannot imagine that they would really be that stupid but... well... it's EA.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#14Kythlyn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 7:58:40 AM
Just FYI, my city still does not load all these weeks later.
---
http://gamerhorizon.com/
#15Mocking CrowPosted 5/8/2013 12:31:59 PM
Kythlyn posted...
If there's one thing EA doesn't have, it's the trust of their customers. I've been trying to give EA the benefit of the doubt with SimCity and just waiting for them to get their act together and get everything working. But as the weeks have gone by, it just gets harder and harder to have any faith in their ability to make it right. And with the unapologetic closure of SimCity Social and the fact that paying customers won't be able to play the game anymore, I'm just at a loss. I can't understand what the decision makers at EA are thinking at all.

I havent trusted these ***hats since I saw Dragon Age 2 being released a year after the first one came out. On top of that, they then had the gall to defend one of the developers of the game, who reviewed his own game on metacritic anonymously, by saying "hey... obama probably voted for himself."

With this game, you had 5 servers trying to support millions of people. Then after the fiasco, they offered a free game for our troubles... funny that free game was from a pre-selected list, of which were all on sale the next week for ~$10.

Stop blaming the DRM, and blame the company who made the stupid decisions regarding the servers. Its ****ing EA for christ sake.
---
Normal was defined by an arrogant or closed minded man who knew too little.
#16LordPonchoPosted 5/8/2013 9:51:57 PM
I've still yet to lose a city, nor has anybody I know.

Not saying it doesn't happen, just that I've yet to witness it yet.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#17darkace77450Posted 5/9/2013 4:18:58 PM
LordPoncho posted...

I was sure EA's viral marketing department had reassigned you to whatever piece of **** game they're going to release next, but here you are...
#18LordPonchoPosted 5/9/2013 5:21:52 PM
darkace77450 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

I was sure EA's viral marketing department had reassigned you to whatever piece of **** game they're going to release next, but here you are...

And here you are, being useless as ever. Saying I haven't experienced something |= defending EA. I even say so in the post. Might wanna take that foot out of your ass.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#19Laylow12Posted 5/9/2013 5:35:46 PM
LordPoncho posted...
darkace77450 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

And here you are, being useless as ever. Saying I haven't experienced something |= defending EA. I even say so in the post. Might wanna take that foot out of your ass.

You might wanna face reality - this game is a broken, DLC churning platform for EA to sell s*** from and the online only is a DRM and also a constant reminder of more DLC that you can buy buildings from.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#20LordPonchoPosted 5/9/2013 8:59:04 PM
Laylow12 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
darkace77450 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

You might wanna face reality - this game is a broken, DLC churning platform for EA to sell s*** from and the online only is a DRM and also a constant reminder of more DLC that you can buy buildings from.

And yet many people are enjoying their "broken" game. A game you've never played. And I've yet to buy any DLC, nor does it seem to be churning out DLC.

I've seen bugs, yes, but nothing has broken my game. How about you face reality and accept that some people just haven't had problems? It isn't defending EA or the game, it's simply saying they haven't experienced them. Yet. Goddamn, not a hard concept.
---