Buildings get abandoned at 6+ per real time minute

#1BraindeadRacrPosted 4/27/2013 3:40:38 PM(edited)
It's rather weird, the city population is 180.000ish, taxes are all at 8-9%, my education level is at the third tier, I got solid services all around and the Sim happiness is sitting at 84% and stays there, yet somehow basically every building starts to drain of it's occupants and becomes abandoned with no reason like fire/out of money/etc showing, just blank... And for some reason they just refuse to become populated again.

Between 6 and 10 go abandoned every real time minute, in some cases homeless people begin to pour out(only out of the square townhouse like structures, though).

What the hell do I do? D:
---
"The car-bra is for your mom, Peg. See it's even in her size - ASTROVAN!" - Al Bundy
GT: Faith of Faye / PSN: Lt_McBadass
#2NoOneReallyCaresPosted 4/27/2013 4:48:07 PM(edited)
I honestly don't know. When I bulldoze them they always pop right back up with something but they never last. I think it might be just an RCI imbalance but its hard to tell what I need where sometimes. Try clicking the population tab and looking at the statistics for various groups of your populous and see if you have a big deficit of jobs, unemployment, unsold goods, or unsatisfied customers.

Sometimes lack of education (as in less than 5 hats) leads to some unemployed and eventually homeless when the educated "lose" their education status from too long without schools. This is especially frustrating when you have plenty of capacity but only half of your city is actually enrolled.