Worth buying now?

#1WatmanwatPosted 5/13/2013 6:00:44 PM
Is this game finally worth buying? I might get it if most of the problems are fixed.

Also, what are most of the problems?
---
GT: Ace 0f Clubz <-- 0f has a zero.
Lancia, I love them.
#2darkace77450Posted 5/13/2013 7:31:38 PM
Just some of the many problems that still plague this game can be found in the preview of the upcoming patch (and bear in mind the patch might not actually correct these problems and might actually create new ones). The preview can be found in this thread.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663025-simcity/66149124

As to whether or not it's worth picking up, I'd say no. The game still needs a lot - as in no small amount - of work, regardless of price, before it's up to snuff.
#3Laylow12Posted 5/13/2013 8:21:14 PM
Don't bother with it.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#4Tec187Posted 5/14/2013 12:19:12 AM
I guess it depends on your budget for games.
I've been holding out since release, because of the bugs - but ended up buying it last week.
And to be quite honest, I haven't noticed a single bug yet.
I've watched plenty of the bug videos regarding for instance traffic, and yes, traffic can be a mess, but that's sim city for ya, and I have yet so see anything gamebreaking or even close.

So depending on what kind of player you are, and what kind of budget you have, it could very well be worth picking it up now.

It's been well worth it to me so far - I'm enjoying it.
---
ULCE #: 12.834
~ "I don't need luck, I have ammo" ~ Grunt, ME3
#5SlyClone2kPosted 5/14/2013 1:59:52 AM
I found a copy in an online sale for 25. I've played it for about 40 hours or so and have yet to encounter any problems. The value for price ratio isn't bad. I've spent more than 25 on a lot of games and not given them as much play time.
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124
#6SoulTrapperPosted 5/14/2013 6:25:46 AM
Nope:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9469448.page

Unless you can get it for under $20, I wouldn't bother.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#7IXIShogunateIXIPosted 5/14/2013 8:44:04 AM
If you have spare income to spend and can find it on sale, I'd say "go for it". I grabbed my copy on sale a few weeks after release and aside from traffic having a case of the galloping stupid, I haven't had anything game breaking happen.

The two more recent patches have helped a bit, so I'm content. Though, I'm not jaded be release-day issues like most here. As far as I'm concerned, traffic is still a bit dumber than I think it should be but I think this is more "working the kinks out of a new game engine" over anything.

tl:dr - Yes, if you can get it for cheap. While it is enjoyable, I can't recommend it at full price.
---
Gamertag / Playstation-Network : IXIShogunateIXI
#8galfasanta1111Posted 5/14/2013 8:45:45 AM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Nope:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9469448.page

Unless you can get it for under $20, I wouldn't bother.

What a disgrace.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#9rowgue34Posted 5/14/2013 8:55:18 AM
The bugs aren't really the main problem with the game anyway. The design of the game itself is the biggest issue. It's a pisspoor imitation of previous versions.
#10LordPonchoPosted 5/14/2013 9:23:54 AM
ITT: The typical trolls cling to the bug report thread as if it's proof that the game is broken without realizing that not everybody encounters these bugs.

Have you guys ever visited official forums for any other games at or around launch? These same bug report threads pop up, with just as many bugs.

Inb4shill. At least I use logic
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800