Worth buying now?

#21Orange_ApplesPosted 5/15/2013 7:48:01 AM
I just got the game last week for $25 and I find it highly addictive.

I haven't encountered the game not saving my city so perhaps I'm just lucky.

It would seem there aren't a lot of people still playing the game but they have a lot of servers.

With how few people I see in the game it feels more like I'm playing as a governor of a state instead as a mayor of a city. I look at 4 city locations, figure out what resources they have, what can be shared and try to get them to work together.
Of course it would be nice if the game had an offline mode where each city continued to make money while not being the currently active one, but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

The only glitch I encountered that made me consider stopping was one that made my delivery trucks disappear. Took me a while to figure out how to get around it, but it was pretty bad.
If you get the game and it happens to you, try this.
Delete the building with the missing trucks.
Save and quit the game. Not go back to the main menu, quit the game.
Start up the game, load your city
Place the building you had removed and re-buy everything.

Just to clarify, it didn't fix the glitch, but was a way around it.

So yeah I don't really have a problem with the game.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#22SoulTrapperPosted 5/15/2013 7:49:55 AM
LordPoncho posted...

Answered honestly? He asked if it's worth buying now. Since you haven't played, how would you know? Oh, right, because you listen to what others say, others who, like you, haven't played it either.

The ones who have played it (and recently) said they enjoyed it. Sounds like a more honest answer than you'll ever be capable of giving.

Most people here seem to disagree with you:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1dzyqd/my_simcity_experience_from_launch_to_now/

So where are the people who are enjoying it?
---
PSN: El_Coon
#23slvrmsngrPosted 5/15/2013 10:57:51 PM
LordPoncho posted...
slvrmsngr posted...
Maybe if you get it for like $15, but I wouldn't pay more than that.

BTW, I got the game on release, later got a refund. The game is so bad that even though I still have online access to it, I haven't bothered to play since basically the 2nd week after the game came out.

So you haven't played since the servers were fixed and features added back in?Makes your opinion extremely valid, bro.

I've played small amounts of time here and there.

It doesn't make it any better. The major problems with the game are basically unchangeable: tiny map size and no terraforming.
#24Critter_crewPosted 5/16/2013 1:51:13 AM
I bought the game about three weeks after release and still play occasionally now, although I haven't sunk hundreds and hundreds of hours into it. My son and I both think it's a great game.
#25edarkcloudPosted 5/16/2013 3:01:05 AM
I find it to be worth buying now as is, you could wait until they do the patch where they will make city borders bigger, the only thing I found annoying in this game.
#26KHWyvernPosted 5/18/2013 12:07:03 PM
It still has the Always Online DRM, so no, it's not.
---
You come out here with your bright ass purple shirt, your green shirt, before that your orange shirt, You look like A BIG FAT BOWL OF FRUITY PEBBLES!- The Rock
#27galfasanta1111Posted 5/18/2013 5:22:57 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
LordPoncho posted...

Answered honestly? He asked if it's worth buying now. Since you haven't played, how would you know? Oh, right, because you listen to what others say, others who, like you, haven't played it either.

The ones who have played it (and recently) said they enjoyed it. Sounds like a more honest answer than you'll ever be capable of giving.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1dzyqd/my_simcity_experience_from_launch_to_now/

I enjoy it, but I haven't encountered any bugs/glitches. Only the fire trucks going to 1 building, but that was fixed.

I must be very lucky though. IMO the actual game is very good, but I think that with the possibility of bigger maps in the future happening.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#28LordPonchoPosted 5/19/2013 12:33:12 AM
galfasanta1111 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
LordPoncho posted...

I enjoy it, but I haven't encountered any bugs/glitches. Only the fire trucks going to 1 building, but that was fixed.

I must be very lucky though. IMO the actual game is very good, but I think that with the possibility of bigger maps in the future happening.

I love that every time he asks me such a thing, people pop up and say they enjoyed it. Clinging to reddiit or 4chan doesn't validate his argument either
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#29SoulTrapperPosted 5/19/2013 1:59:38 AM(edited)
LordPoncho posted...

I love that every time he asks me such a thing, people pop up and say they enjoyed it. Clinging to reddiit or 4chan doesn't validate his argument either

This was your claim:

LordPoncho posted...

Simply proved that there were a lot of people who didn't enjoy it as well.

And of course there are people who played it recently and enjoyed it too, it's just that you didn't present any evidence for your claim and pretended that everyone who played it recently liked it.

If you'd read through the topic, you'll find the majority of people still don't recommend buying the game, unless it's under $20-25.

You can cherry pick one reply and pretend it backs up what you claim, but when most others disagree, it's just a sad attempt at trying to prove your false claim.
---
PSN: El_Coon