Any known sales occurring?

#11ertfertPosted 5/17/2013 6:33:44 AM
cpo335 posted...

Is there such a thing as zoning too small? How do I plan for the emergence of literal bigger buildings (such as hotels and tenements, etc.)?

yes, you can zone too small
in terms of distance FROM the road, the way the road guide is set up, it will show you how far apart you need the roads to be able to accommodate a high density building in between
keep in mind that only works if its a road-road or avenue-avenue, if its road-avenue it wont give you the right spacing

in terms of distance ALONG the road, thats something you pretty much have to guess and once your buildings grow to high density, youre just going to have to bulldoze things to micromanage so the buildings build efficiently.
#12cpo335(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 8:57:53 AM
ertfert posted...
cpo335 posted...

Is there such a thing as zoning too small? How do I plan for the emergence of literal bigger buildings (such as hotels and tenements, etc.)?

yes, you can zone too small
in terms of distance FROM the road, the way the road guide is set up, it will show you how far apart you need the roads to be able to accommodate a high density building in between
keep in mind that only works if its a road-road or avenue-avenue, if its road-avenue it wont give you the right spacing

in terms of distance ALONG the road, thats something you pretty much have to guess and once your buildings grow to high density, youre just going to have to bulldoze things to micromanage so the buildings build efficiently.

Ah ok, IO understand. I didn't realize how dynamic zoning is supposed to be. I thought it was a more permanent feature, but now I find myself bulldozing entire city blocks and replacing them with different zones.

One thing I am having trouble with however is utilities management, especially water. I'm running out of water and my sewage keeps getting backed up, and the same with garbage. How do you handle the overflow?
---
"...a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock."
#13ertfertPosted 5/17/2013 2:51:29 PM
either make a utilities city to sell water to your other cities

or put your sewage treatment plant next to a water pumping station with only filtration pumps, this will give you almost unlimited water

for garbage, you either have to go into edit mode of your dump and bulldoze the garbage piles creating a LOT of ground pollution
or make incinerators to make a fair amount of air polution
#14cpo335(Topic Creator)Posted 5/17/2013 5:10:04 PM
ertfert posted...

or put your sewage treatment plant next to a water pumping station with only filtration pumps, this will give you almost unlimited water

for garbage, you either have to go into edit mode of your dump and bulldoze the garbage piles creating a LOT of ground pollution

Ahhh ic, thanks for your help. Last question: Do you require low class citizens or can you have a self-sufficient city with wholly mid-high class residents? I know that IRL it is necessary to have a large working class, but I'm not so sure about SimCity. Thanks for all the help. This is my first SimCity ever and I'm really enjoying it.
---
"...a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock."
#15ertfertPosted 5/18/2013 5:53:59 PM
cpo335 posted...
ertfert posted...

Ahhh ic, thanks for your help. Last question: Do you require low class citizens or can you have a self-sufficient city with wholly mid-high class residents? I know that IRL it is necessary to have a large working class, but I'm not so sure about SimCity. Thanks for all the help. This is my first SimCity ever and I'm really enjoying it.

no, you need low wealth citizens for jobs, so "self-sufficient" no, but you can have them commute in from another city connected by road
#16SlyClone2kPosted 5/19/2013 1:26:49 PM
Oh sorry, forgot to reply. Is it reliable? I've bought 3 titles from them so far and not had any issues.

GW2, SWTOR and SimCity.
---
"Have to start remembering there are 4 versions of reality.. past, present, Ea and pr.." - xoxide124