Feeling like a sucker

#1PortiaChitownPosted 5/31/2013 12:23:00 PM
Waited and finally bought SC on sale, and put up with the various bugs and glitches, still enjoyed it, but with the release of the new DLC starting, I'm feeling like a sucker, because EA is going to try and sell us every little upgrade they can (like in the Sims). I knew it was coming but it still sucks. They've locked down outside mods so they can milk their users for every last nickel. That's what the always on requirement is about. Not stopping piracy as much as trying sell all the extras they can. I'm sure I'll get slammed as a whiner, but I really hate this business model.
#2SoulTrapperPosted 5/31/2013 1:32:15 PM
Only one way to stop this sort of BS practices: Stop buying EA games, any of them.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#3edarkcloudPosted 5/31/2013 1:38:17 PM
I wish that people were able to put stop to a things like these by not buying products that only gives us nothing but hassle, since is not happening the future will be that games pretty much will be rentals with a 60 dollar tag and people will not mind just like now .

It even is going to consoles, In some aspects I don't like where the future is going.
#4Bossdog421Posted 5/31/2013 7:09:26 PM
Gasp... don't buy the DLC? How exactly does it make a difference.
#5DarkPalestinePosted 6/1/2013 6:30:48 AM
I'm not slamming you for being a whiner.

I'm slamming you for buying the effing game. YOU are the problem. You are the reason EA gets away with making crappy games. You knew every problem the game had, you knew it was always on, you knew it would have DLC, and yet you still bought the game. As far as EA is concerned you said "Hey EA, here's your reward for creating an always on incomplete game! Please do it again!"
---
Only the intelligent can recognize their own ignorance.
#6nuschler2212Posted 6/1/2013 5:40:42 PM
DarkPalestine posted...
I'm not slamming you for being a whiner.

I'm slamming you for buying the effing game. YOU are the problem. You are the reason EA gets away with making crappy games. You knew every problem the game had, you knew it was always on, you knew it would have DLC, and yet you still bought the game. As far as EA is concerned you said "Hey EA, here's your reward for creating an always on incomplete game! Please do it again!"

I don't understand why someone as "intelligent" as you is on the board of a game you don't play.

Please explain.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#7SoulTrapperPosted 6/2/2013 1:37:31 AM
nuschler2212 posted...

I don't understand why someone as "intelligent" as you is on the board of a game you don't play.

Please explain.

Probably trying to prevent people from throwing their hard earned money at a product that isn't worth it.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#8TFHDeathUA709Posted 6/3/2013 11:45:18 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

Please explain.

Probably trying to prevent people from throwing their hard earned money at a product that isn't worth it.

QFT
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#9FishBelly13Posted 6/3/2013 11:30:43 PM
lmmfao I love the irony of nuschler calling someone out for complaining about a game. 99.9% of what nuschler does is just piss-and-moan about every game.......then tries insult everyones intelligence.
#10Sega9599Posted 6/5/2013 5:51:42 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
nuschler2212 posted...

Please explain.

That won't make EA change their ways. They'll just consider Sim City 'not comercially viable' and stop making new games for it altogether.

Sure, we could rely on free fan-made mods, but how likely are we to get a brand new simcity game from a fan community released for free, taking as much advantage of new technology as they can, while addressing every single issue fans have with the previous games?

It happened with Streets Of Rage, true.
But SimCity is a different creature.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.