I have no room in my city to zone more residential? What do I do?

#1QUIKPosted 6/4/2013 7:50:12 PM
I have a city with a mix of Industrial Commercial and Residential and the demand for residential is sky high but I have no room...What am I suppose to do?

Im playing the first level region, does anyone know which region has the biggest city?
#2KaiserDoomPosted 6/6/2013 8:14:10 AM
They are all the same size I think other than terrain variation. The game is broken. Once you accept that you can move on. No matter how much residential you have you will never have enough. There will never be enough workers, there will never be enough of the education level you need. Resources will get lost in transit, traffic will cripple your trading. You could bulldoze all your industrial and put down residential but there will never be enough workers.
#3ertfertPosted 6/6/2013 4:56:06 PM
KaiserDoom posted...
They are all the same size I think other than terrain variation. The game is broken. Once you accept that you can move on. No matter how much residential you have you will never have enough. There will never be enough workers, there will never be enough of the education level you need. Resources will get lost in transit, traffic will cripple your trading. You could bulldoze all your industrial and put down residential but there will never be enough workers.

This is entirely untrue, save for traffic still being broken, although even that has been improved

at any rate, you have to dezone industrial zone and rezone it as residential to even out your demand
#4nuschler2212Posted 6/7/2013 3:37:58 AM
KaiserDoom posted...

This has been my experience as well.

The game for me has little replay value because of the ridiculously small maps. I don't want to create three different cities in the same region so I have enough resources and room to build a small city.

The small maps have severely limited this game.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#5AntorPosted 6/12/2013 7:40:20 PM
Here's what you do step by step:

1. Uninstall this terrible game

2. Install ANY other city building game

3. Play a REAL city building game and enjoy.

Easy!
---
This ain't Sea World, this is real as it gets!
#6SuperAfroBoyPosted 6/13/2013 4:19:28 AM
Antor posted...

2. Install ANY other city building game

Easy!

Thanks! This fixed all of my issues!
---
I had a vasectomy.
#7rikvanoostendePosted 6/13/2013 5:47:57 AM
Antor posted...

2. Install ANY other city building game *** except SimCity: Societies ***

Easy!

Fix'd
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#8SuperAfroBoyPosted 6/13/2013 5:51:52 AM
I actually enjoyed Societies.
---
I had a vasectomy.
#9rikvanoostendePosted 6/13/2013 6:37:32 AM
SuperAfroBoy posted...
I actually enjoyed Societies.

So did I, for a short while, but it doesn't solve OP's problem with small plot sizes.
Off topic: I do miss building PRISM-powered dystopias >:)
---
Let's agree to disagree.
#10LugovesPosted 6/21/2013 7:12:43 PM
Thanks, SimCity. Without you I would have never discovered Cities XL. :P
---
"I want to see more of Lugoves' posts. That *%$# cracks me up." - mrvercetti