Thinking of coming back. Have most of the bugs been fixed?

#1MrChompletPosted 6/8/2013 2:03:48 PM
Was thinking of playing the game again with some friends, but i remember the game being really buggy around launch which put me off. Now its been a few months, have they ironed out most of the annoying bugs? such as traffic always getting stuck by following the same route, and gifting simoleons and other items to other cities sometimes never arriving.
---
White friend code: 3096-1227-8680
Black friend code: 4041-2884-1602
#2Cerebral NinjaPosted 6/8/2013 5:28:46 PM
Definitely no to the gifting bug.
---
You are curiously attractive for a fish man.
#3SoulTrapperPosted 6/9/2013 12:02:01 AM(edited)
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9504812.page

List of known bugs still in the game.

There are more, not all are listed.

They have tried to fix some issues, but with every patch they break other stuff as well, so it's not improving very fast.

Here's a topic from a guy who returned yesterday:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9550038.page

Lost a few million due to gifts not ever arriving, have yet to be able to get it to work.

Sims are still dumb as a box of rocks ..."I can't find anywhere to shop".. try looking next door maybe?

Fire helicopter just sits there on the roof and never takes off (says in the description that it puts out fires quickly?)

Save and quit dialog is still unclear, no progress bar, no indication that anything is working right, no indication if you are supposed to click quit or wait for ... something...if I leave it alone and don't click it just stays on the screen forever, i mean seriously, who makes this stuff?

Tried the new hot air balloon attraction. it's always closed for the day and the balloon never shows up.

Sims on one map would go to school, and on a different map wouldn't go to school, despite using the same tactics on both maps.

All my streetcars sometimes suddenly vanish.

Buildings won't build and just stay at the foundation stage permanently.

Sims walk down roads and then vanish into thin air

Trash past a certain point won't collect or is reported incorrectly. Even if you add more garbage dumps and double the number of trucks. Visually if you watch the bar indicators it picks up all the trash, but the readout says that only 3500 of 9000 cans are collected.

Logged out of one game making 300k a month, logged back in and i'm losing money at a rate of 800k a month?!??! Had to quit so I wouldn't go broke. I didn't change anything since I was logged out. I guess the game just randomly decides if you are doing well or not based on some quasi-random math it pulls out of it's a**

I'd go on but this list is seriously just too long. Fix your game EA. It's getting silly now.

---
PSN: El_Coon
#4Master of HatePosted 6/12/2013 7:07:19 AM
The trash/garbage issue legitimately made me stop playing the game.

Between that, and the fact that buses/traffic don't stagger correctly. Nothing like having 10 buses following each other in a single file line, rather than hitting all the different stops/routes.
---
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
#5galfasanta1111Posted 6/22/2013 2:31:41 PM
***k EA.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | GTX 580 | 8GB DDR3 | 875W
#6DarkeningsPosted 7/2/2013 12:58:18 AM
Amen to that... Amen to that.
---
http://hizo-fly.blogspot.com/
#7rutsahl_Posted 7/6/2013 10:12:24 AM
Wow... I had heard about the price drop and was willing to overlook the always online requirement, but I had at least expected them to fix the glitches by now... You know, those things that even EA themselves didn't intend to happen?

Guess I'll just keep checking back about once a month.
---
Get out of my face or I'll messy-wessy you up!
FFXI Rutsahl, Siren server: 75+ blm,whm,rdm,war,mnk,drk,drg,pup,bst,smn,dnc,pld,blu,nin,cor
#8LightHawKnightPosted 7/14/2013 7:54:28 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

Save and quit dialog is still unclear, no progress bar, no indication that anything is working right, no indication if you are supposed to click quit or wait for ... something...if I leave it alone and don't click it just stays on the screen forever, i mean seriously, who makes this stuff?

Aren't progress bars a bunch of crap anyways? They wont tell you when anything is done and they fill up randomly to let you see that something is happening, but the time means nothing.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."