An alternative game to simcity that some might find they like better..

#1Dimon101Posted 6/23/2013 3:10:10 PM
Sid Meiyer (Sp?) back in the day made this game. He also made a game called A-Train, which is like a hardcore version of simcity. Having recently purchased A-Train 9, i find it better because i find no bugs, and is much more enjoyable than this game.

I will list the pro and cons of A-Train 9

Pro's:

*Bug Free
*Almost similiar to Simcity, but very hard
*Many different buildings, but they do not change like in simcity, they are static, but some buidling change animation while being build as it takes time to build tall sky scrappers.

Con's

*No DLC released in NA, only to China and Japan
*Very hard compared to Simcity, like Simcity on steroids
*Unlike simcity, this revolves around transportation, like building around train station stops in order to increase city size, but you still can build roads and stuff, but you need manufacturing plants to have construction.
*Instuctions how to play are non-existant, and the game is very unforgiving on making a accidental purchase

There is hardly any instructions on what to do and is very hard to manage your money due to annoying coporate taxes. After all, the more land and buildings you put on the map, the more the taxes drain your money, so you need to have a balance between profit and taxes lost.

I am only suggesting this here in case someone gets tired of simcity. It is not meant as a mean topic, just a topic from my personal opinion that might help alleviate some of your hate towards this game, and see the game and compare it to this hard one, also made by sid meyer (SP?).
---
"What's with the Hand-Nose thing?" ~ Wein Cruz talking about Hans from Growlanser Generations
#2SuperAfroBoyPosted 6/24/2013 1:06:31 PM
Sorry, but Sid Meier had no part in SimCity or A-Train. Sid Meier made the Railroad Tycoon (aka Railroads!) and Civilization series, among others.
---
I had a vasectomy.
#3TFHDeathUA709Posted 6/26/2013 10:06:23 AM
I think TC is thinking of Will Wright but he's really mixing some things up.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#495_EclipsePosted 7/4/2013 10:30:52 AM
I used to play A-train on Ps1. I used to love that game. Do they actually have an english version of A-train 9 ? O.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#5pTeppic2013Posted 7/4/2013 4:35:29 PM
Ive played 632 hours of Simcity (5/2013) its not what was promised but its a very good game that takes finesse.
#6jerky_666Posted 7/5/2013 4:08:35 AM
pTeppic2013 posted...
Ive played 632 hours of Simcity (5/2013) its not what was promised but its a very good game that takes finesse.

The ONLY finesse required with SimCity is in justifying the purchase afterwards.
#7bvstarmaidenPosted 7/16/2013 6:39:43 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
I used to play A-train on Ps1. I used to love that game. Do they actually have an english version of A-train 9 ? O.o

yes. it's called 'the train giant', published by UGO(sp) software. It includes the Boston and Shanghai packs. Wonderful game, if a bit hard to get into at first. But then, most games from japan are that way.

Artdink never brought the series into the english speaking countries because of the lack of sales when they released a-train for the PS1 back in '95.

There is still A-Train HX (which can be found by using google).

I played A-Train 9 to death...it's not hard to build up a cashpile of 4,000,000,000 yen in your first year or so if you know how to play the stock market.

getting back on topic...anything is better than sim city.
---
psn: hazelblue/hazelbluegirl
#8TeremeiPosted 7/19/2013 5:10:54 AM
Best alternative is Sim City 4. Some might view as superior version, in some ways atleast.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#9biggy204Posted 7/23/2013 10:27:02 PM
Teremei posted...
Best alternative is Sim City 4. Some might view as superior version, in some ways atleast.

^This, i just reinstalled this rather then buying Simcity (SC5), maybe until it has a retail bundle pack simular to their The Sims franchise (where there is DLC bundles with the game). Also it needs to drop to at least $15 for the Limited edition and $30 for that deluxe pack. With the DLC bundles w/the game being like $25 (LE) & $40 (Deluxe).

Right now where it stands Simcity is a wasted purchase.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#10BatenKalasPosted 7/24/2013 6:16:51 AM
Teremei posted...

Agreed 100%. The newest version of Cities XL is also pretty decent as well, but SC4 still trumps it.
---
The Review Depot - http://reviewdepot.net