What's the REASON for the small plot size?

#1nuschler2212Posted 7/5/2013 5:35:35 PM
I dont understand what the motive for them to do that would be?

I guess the only real reason I can think of is to force users to play with other users in a region. Don't understand why they would want to force that upon us, though. Sim City games have always been single user type games, Civ games are more designed for multiplayer.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#2ertfertPosted 7/5/2013 6:51:18 PM
I believe they claimed it was so that most users could play the game without lag issues, regardless of PC

its a weak excuse, im guessing the game engine itself is what couldnt handle it and they couldnt be bothered to improve it or make a better one
since theres no real reason they couldnt have made different plot sizes at least
#3nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 5:03:44 AM
Makes sense.

Server issues. That's too bad. Ruining the game so they can stop a few people from pirating it.

I wonder how much revenue they lost worrying so much about pirating by putting out a product that angered so many fans.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#4JonicArcPosted 7/6/2013 7:58:57 AM
nuschler2212 posted...
Makes sense.

Server issues. That's too bad. Ruining the game so they can stop a few people from pirating it.

I wonder how much revenue they lost worrying so much about pirating by putting out a product that angered so many fans.

It's an EA game. What did you expect.
They just want your money, not make you happy.

I would have loved to play another SimCity game, or so I thought. Then I read it was connected to EA. I knew I had to wait for all the failed reviews. It's so damned predictable it's sad.

EA does this to ALL of their games. If you can take the game back to the store, say it's broken because it is. Maybe get some money back.

Every time my GF see's a game she may like, if I check & see it's an EA game, I have to tell her that she will regret it again. & she gets so frustrated & mad when I say that. Because she sooo so very much wants that game to be as good as it looks. So much though that she HAS to believe. EA is such a predictable disappointment.

Aren't you people tired of slapping yourselves in the face?
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#5rutsahl_Posted 7/6/2013 11:00:22 AM
Actually I think I read somewhere that larger cities were possible, but the limiter was placed on them by EA and larger city sizes could be added with DLC or an Expansion Pack.

I read this back when the game first came out though so I don't really remember where it was. Could have been rumors (I doubt it though, knowing EA.)
---
Get out of my face or I'll messy-wessy you up!
FFXI Rutsahl, Siren server: 75+ blm,whm,rdm,war,mnk,drk,drg,pup,bst,smn,dnc,pld,blu,nin,cor
#6nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 5:14:13 AM
JonicArc posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
Makes sense.

It's an EA game. What did you expect.
They just want your money, not make you happy.

I would have loved to play another SimCity game, or so I thought. Then I read it was connected to EA. I knew I had to wait for all the failed reviews. It's so damned predictable it's sad.

EA does this to ALL of their games. If you can take the game back to the store, say it's broken because it is. Maybe get some money back.

Every time my GF see's a game she may like, if I check & see it's an EA game, I have to tell her that she will regret it again. & she gets so frustrated & mad when I say that. Because she sooo so very much wants that game to be as good as it looks. So much though that she HAS to believe. EA is such a predictable disappointment.

Aren't you people tired of slapping yourselves in the face?

I'll never understand why people like this guy feel the need to frequent game boards they have no interest in.

My theory is they were abused growing up or beat up in school.

I'm sorry for your pain. I'm sure your girl friend appreciates you always being right and needlessly condescending as much as we all do.

Good luck in life. :)
---
#7JonicArcPosted 7/8/2013 3:13:49 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
Blah blah blah

Looks like EA has claimed another fanboy. They even took him in the middle of his own topic complaining about an EA game. They are stronger then I thought.
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#8Lord_Shadow_19Posted 7/8/2013 5:31:49 PM
JonicArc posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
Blah blah blah

Looks like EA has claimed another fanboy. They even took him in the middle of his own topic complaining about an EA game. They are stronger then I thought.

He's probably another shill like that Toast guy or Poncho.
---
Playing UMvC3, Far Cry 3, Black Ops 2. PSN: Entropy19
#9nuschler2212(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 11:28:09 PM
JonicArc posted...
nuschler2212 posted...
Blah blah blah

I rest my case.
---
#10Roxborough_ParkPosted 7/12/2013 3:15:09 AM
to sell too u as dlc later
---
WIESNERX0042