Can someone explain to me what EA was thinking?

#1ZenzokukenXPosted 7/9/2013 6:27:51 AM
Yes, people will pirate games. But making a game like SimCity online all the time to try to counter this only hurts them worse doesn't it? I mean look, nothing but negativity has come from their actions that, in time, will ruin the company if they continue down this road (which they probably will). I guarantee that EA and Maxis LOST money on this game and if they wouldn't have done any of this crap this game would have been a way bigger success..... but whatever. I can't wait until EA and Xbox One go down holding hands together. Chumps.
---
PC, Xbizzle, PS3
PSP Go & 3000
#2AnonUnknownPosted 7/9/2013 7:29:36 AM
Ahem, Xbox One is no longer an always online crapfest <_<"
#3ZenzokukenX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:14:41 AM
AnonUnknown posted...
Ahem, Xbox One is no longer an always online crapfest <_<"

Even so, just the fact that they tried to make it to begin with will stay in gamer's minds. The PS4 will destroy Xbox One in sales and Microsoft will have to bow out of the console wars.

Also, with EA and Xbox teaming up you know they are gonna pull some more crap moves. We all know this.
---
PC, Xbizzle, PS3
PSP Go & 3000
#4JonicArcPosted 7/9/2013 3:56:34 PM
ZenzokukenX posted...
Yes, people will pirate games. But making a game like SimCity online all the time to try to counter this only hurts them worse doesn't it? ...
They think your wrong, plain & simple.

Somebodies wrong, & it won't be them. You see they seem to make choices from the point of view of an elitist. Simply put, to them you don't know what your talking about. Their choices will work & if they don't it's probabley because of those damned thieves. It could NEVER be EA. They just have to get rid of you thieves like killing rats, & more money will roll in, as it should. Because they know, & they are better then you.

Poor people don't have money for a good internet, so who cares about them anyway. Money is power & that makes right. You see that in EA's business practices. Put money into advertising & graphic's. Game length & quality not really important. This is the same company that bought the NFL game licence so others couldn't use it. As if that made the quality of their games better. But your stupid, & will buy a game because of the name or license, pretty commercial, colorful box art. To them we're all stupid, not nearly as smart &/or as rich as them.

THAT is how they think, period.
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#5ThirdDegreePosted 7/9/2013 6:27:40 PM
JonicArc seems a bit extreme in his/her views but he/she is mostly right. Big companies care about one thing and that's making more money. If you aren't growing you're dying. Every move they make is money driven. I mean EA bought the NFL license so they don't have to worry about making a quality game. Micro transactions and day one DLC. It's not going to stop. Think of how shady micro transactions really are. Do you really get anything from Avatar clothes and props? When you buy your game and you can pay 5 dollars for a pack of different styled clothes for the guy in the game. Or weapons that you can unlock with time played. What do you get from any of that stuff? You can play candy crush for free or spend a dollar here and there to cheat a little bit. It's a brilliant business model. You're essentially taking money and giving nothing in return.
---
gamertag: HndrdDollarBaby
PSN: HundrdDollarBaby
#6nuschler2212Posted 7/9/2013 10:30:06 PM
JonicArc posted...
ZenzokukenX posted...
Yes, people will pirate games. But making a game like SimCity online all the time to try to counter this only hurts them worse doesn't it? ...

Somebodies wrong, & it won't be them. You see they seem to make choices from the point of view of an elitist. Simply put, to them you don't know what your talking about. Their choices will work & if they don't it's probabley because of those damned thieves. It could NEVER be EA. They just have to get rid of you thieves like killing rats, & more money will roll in, as it should. Because they know, & they are better then you.

Poor people don't have money for a good internet, so who cares about them anyway. Money is power & that makes right. You see that in EA's business practices. Put money into advertising & graphic's. Game length & quality not really important. This is the same company that bought the NFL game licence so others couldn't use it. As if that made the quality of their games better. But your stupid, & will buy a game because of the name or license, pretty commercial, colorful box art. To them we're all stupid, not nearly as smart &/or as rich as them.

We buy a game we are interested in, but you spend time on game boards of games you don't care about. And WE are the stupid ones.

Interesting.

I don't think anyone here think's its a great game, by the way.

If you don't have the game, why are you here? Just to annoy people? Your mother must be so very proud.
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#7whitelytningPosted 7/11/2013 9:51:37 PM
I guarantee that EA and Maxis LOST money on this game

Doubt it.
1.6 million units sold within the first few weeks.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/07/simcity-sales-reach-1-6-million-50-sales-online/
---
http://i.imgur.com/iZdWIKJ.jpg
#8quinikkPosted 7/11/2013 10:51:51 PM
nuschler2212 posted...
JonicArc posted...
ZenzokukenX posted...

We buy a game we are interested in, but you spend time on game boards of games you don't care about. And WE are the stupid ones.

Interesting.

I don't think anyone here think's its a great game, by the way.

If you don't have the game, why are you here? Just to annoy people? Your mother must be so very proud.

I don't think you understood his post.
---
Just let it go, alright.
#9JonicArcPosted 7/12/2013 4:04:42 PM
whitelytning posted...
I guarantee that EA and Maxis LOST money on this game

Doubt it.
1.6 million units sold within the first few weeks.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/07/simcity-sales-reach-1-6-million-50-sales-online/

I didn't read or click your link. I don't have to. You are very very right. It requires no explanation & we all know it. They made all the money they had too the first few weeks. EA focuses on advertising, graphics, hype, & most of all the brand name Sim City. That is why they bought that brand name.

They really don't have to increase plot sizes or improve the game or give anyone anything they ask for. They have your money, they are smarter then you (no poster specifically), they won again.
---
Stand back.... Don't make me unsheathe the legendary blade known as FanboySlayer !!!
#10BatenKalasPosted 7/23/2013 4:57:53 AM
I've purchased every SimCity game (yes, Societies too) except for this one because EA just made too many ridiculous decisions with it. Online only was just the final nail in the coffin.

Meanwhile I'm having a blast with SimCity 4 all over again after it was dirt cheap during Steam's summer sale.
---
The Review Depot - http://reviewdepot.net