Will I enjoy this game? (I don't care about the DRM)

#1AlexTheNextOnePosted 7/29/2013 2:20:04 AM
Well, I mean I CARE about DRM, absolutely, but I'm willing to put up with it in this case since I like SimCity so much.

Basically, I have ZERO expectations of this game, I'm not expecting a level of quality similar to any particular, previous SimCity game, I just want to know if someone in my state of mind is going to enjoy this game for what it is.

As well, overall, are cities considered really easy to manage in terms of what they allow you to do, or do the mechanics get rather complex?
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
#2TFHDeathUA709Posted 7/29/2013 7:32:22 AM
Nobody can know. We don't even know what kind of games you like.

However I vote that nobody else get this game.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#3cpo335Posted 7/29/2013 11:47:45 AM
You know, DRM isn't even that bad. Everyone I've had verbal conversations with about the game doesn't think DRM is a major issue. The major flak seems to have come from internet forums and such.

Taking that into consideration, I went out on a limb and bought this game back in early June/late May and have experienced absolutely no problems with it. Everything is working fine and I'm having a blast.

So I say buy it.
---
"...a single green light, minute and far away, that might have been the end of a dock."
#4darkace77450Posted 7/30/2013 1:51:11 AM
There's a reason this forum is dead. I'll give you a hint: its because this game is terrible.
#5chobit_A5HL3YPosted 7/30/2013 2:31:34 AM
do NOT buy this game. i bought it at release and stopped playing it after about a week 'cause it was so horrible. fast forward 3 months, i decided to start playing again yesterday, thinking the launch issues were resolved... they aren't. it's a broken game. always has been, and i guess always will be. it's really a shame that maxis managed to mess up so badly... you truly can't understand how bad this game is unless you actually play it, but honestly, just don't buy it lolz
#6Master of HatePosted 7/30/2013 10:15:55 PM
You'll enjoy the game until your city gets to around 60,000 people. At that point, the unfixable traffic problems, the 10% working portion of your population, and the still-broken helicopter units will make you not want to play this game anymore.

At least, that's how it goes for me. I don't even care about bigger map sizes because the ones they have don't even work correctly yet.
---
Writer, Reviewer, Interviewer, Beta Tester, Streamer, and Gaming Enthusiast
#7leoking99Posted 8/3/2013 11:50:54 AM
I think the above posters really nailed it. Every once and awhile I go back to it, like I intend to do soon with the new update just coming out, but I still wouldn't recommend this game unless you can get if for really cheap.
#8Ghost_TurtlePosted 8/4/2013 5:56:33 PM
Its really not that terrible of a game. Is it what is expected from a maxis simcity game? Oh f*** no. But overall there is some enjoyment that can be gained from it, just not long term b/c of the bugs. With that said I have no idea what the game is selling for now a days. The game is absolutely not worth full price. If EA has already started listing it on sale go for it.
---
If I had arms, I would try harder.
#9happyscrub1Posted 8/6/2013 6:07:29 PM
darkace77450 posted...
There's a reason this forum is dead. I'll give you a hint: its because this game is terrible.

Rarely are forums really active when games have their own forums already
---
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
#10Freelance_WolfPosted 8/10/2013 3:43:08 PM
I love this game and the next update is going to make the game even better. Of course I'm also one of the minority so don't listen to me.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."