Is it true? I must have always on internet connection to play?

#1iwasapoetoncePosted 9/14/2013 5:56:47 PM
Having always on internet is not a problem. I live in the city, where broadband internet connection is no problem and relatively inexpensive. My problem is that I don't WANT to have always on internet connection to play.

My friend told me I have to be connected to the internet to play. If there is a hiccup in my internet connection, then I get kicked out.

I was considering getting this game, but if this is true, I will not play this game. Can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks guys.
---
I need a bit of help lads with some rushes ya know like helix rush n tech spam, do you lot know anymore?/v316/samuraifaith/mad.jpg
#2WinpusPosted 9/14/2013 7:59:38 PM
Its true. it will allow you to disconnect for approx 20 minutes while playing. If much longer than that, the game will close on you.
#3jayj420Posted 9/15/2013 6:37:19 PM
Winpus posted...
Its true. it will allow you to disconnect for approx 20 minutes while playing. If much longer than that, the game will close on you.

Really? I could have sworn that I played the game for several hours one night while the connection was lost and it never quit on me.

It seems like you need to have a connection in order to access the game, but once you're playing it you only need an internet connection to save your progress.
#4caffaroPosted 9/23/2013 3:46:09 PM
simcity is a game to relax, to play anywhere, anytime..
always on line ? - not simcity.
for the first time ever, I pass..
---
Gamertag & Psn Id: Caffaro
- - - > "Master System Forever !!!" < - - -