$30 worth it?

#11DalkinPosted 10/22/2013 1:15:56 PM
drink posted...
The game is on sale for 30 at gamefly, is it worth it?
Has any thing been fixed yet?
Thx

When they "fix" things, they just create more bugs.

So no. It's not worth 30 dollars. Its not even worth 20 dollars. Or 10. Just go get Sim City 4 on steam.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#12Eclypse9810Posted 10/23/2013 4:11:07 AM
Dalkin posted...
drink posted...
Thx

So no. It's not worth 30 dollars. Its not even worth 20 dollars. Or 10. Just go get Sim City 4 on steam.

Just to let you know, SC4 has more and worse glitches then SC2013.

Anyways, I found it worth it at $60, so I say yes at $30. Don't come in expecting SC4 with better graphics though. It's an entirely new take on SimCity.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#13GTAfan421Posted 10/23/2013 9:53:53 AM
Eclypse9810 posted...
Dalkin posted...
drink posted...
Thx

I've had SC4 for almost ten years now. In that ten years, I've never run into anywhere near the amount of problems that I have with this game in the eight months since launch. I just played this game today. You know how my session ended? A crash to the desktop.

From the time SC4 launched to now, I've had very few times where the game actually crashed to desktop or glitched to the point where I was screwed. Very few. The game worked, and still works.

With SimCity 2013, I've crashed to desktop on a regular basis, there are consistent bugs that ruin or hinder gameplay, some of which have yet to be properly fixed, the maps are tiny (which also really ruins the gameplay)... not to mention the chaos that their always connected DRM caused at launch, and continues to cause for some to this day which was and is unacceptable.

This game is MUCH worse than SimCity 4 ever was in terms of the problems it has. EA crippled this game in every way they could.

That said, its probably better to just buy SC4, its like ten bucks and that plus the expansions have lasted me this long and will continue to last me for when I need a SimCity fix. If you ask me, SimCity 2013 isn't even worth five dollars, never mind thirty. After finally actually getting to play the thing after all the issues with the servers and saves were somewhat fixed, it was nothing impressive. I felt like I was playing SimCity Lite or SimCity Societies with less content.

This is just a let down (for me at least).
---
What's the matter? You can't stand the balls of a strong Nord woman?
#14galfasanta1111Posted 10/23/2013 1:44:21 PM
^SimCity 2013 isn't even worth 5 dollars for you?

I'd hate to think what kind of game it'd take for you to fork out 60 dollars.
---
i7 3930k @ 3.2ghz | EVGA GTX 780 3GB SC'D | 8GB DDR3 RAM | 875W
#15TFHDeathUA709Posted 10/23/2013 3:20:48 PM
galfasanta1111 posted...

I already own it. Haven't played it in about 4-5 months. It's now free for me and I still don't consider it worth it.

It's just sad because the game could have been actually worth playing fairly easily.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#16jayj420Posted 10/25/2013 12:07:40 PM
call of duty posted...
jayj420 posted...
It's a great and unique game, nothing else quite like it on the market. If you liked Sim City in the past I would highly recommend it.

Forget all the haters, the game works well these days and the online cloud is fantastic if you have multiple computers.

What PR company is EA hiring nowadays? You seem very incompetent at trying to hide the fact that you work for EA.

Que?

So sorry I am not going out of my way to hate this game. I just enjoy games where I can build things and I love being able to access my cities from my laptop without having to worry about saved data issues, everything is always where I left it on my desktop.

In a world full of first person shooters it is nice to see a game that just lets you build cities and manage a region however you like.
#17jayj420Posted 10/25/2013 12:10:04 PM
Eclypse9810 posted...
Dalkin posted...
drink posted...
Thx

Anyways, I found it worth it at $60, so I say yes at $30. Don't come in expecting SC4 with better graphics though. It's an entirely new take on SimCity.

Honestly, these haters make no sense, and I simply can't relate to them and I have no idea where they're coming from. I played the game a lot and I always enjoyed it.
#18GTAfan421Posted 10/29/2013 9:46:28 AM
galfasanta1111 posted...

A game that works from the start and doesn't constantly delete and corrupt saves because they're hosted on buggy cloud servers would be a start on what I expect to see from a game that I pay $60 dollars for.

This game still doesn't properly work after six and a half months since release... why should I feel like its worth $5 dollars? Especially with all the massive issues that they have yet to wipe from the game entirely after over half of a year of being available to the public for purchase.

I don't hate this game completely, but it's got so many problems that I rarely ever even feel like its worth it to launch it and start a city, even if it didn't have bugs I might be reluctant. The lack of proper terraforming and subways in this game practically breaks the game to start with. As a result of the lack of said features, cities quickly and easily become clusterf***ed because of the tiny map sizes and the lack of proper alternatives to automobile transport.

Simply put; I can't enjoy a game like SimCity 2013 if I have to worry about losing my save or crashing in the middle of developing an area whenever I play... especially when it takes so long to get cities to a satisfactory place because of issues caused by lack of essential gameplay elements (like subways).

There is no excuse for this kind of instability and lack of balance in a full priced AAA retail game from a big time developer. I've played indie games that are ten times more stable than this with mod support, online cloud support, and quarter of the budget that this had, as well as a third of the cost to play. The issues in SimCity 2013 should have been well taken care of by now for the amount of money it brought in, yet they haven't been somehow. The issues are just slightly less apparent than they were at launch most of the time.

SimCity 2013 clearly wasn't ready for release back in March, and it still feels like it isn't ready for play now. It seems like it was rushed out the door so EA could make a quick buck on name recognition, sadly. This game still has so many game breaking problems that were inherent at launch that are just slightly less often occurring now rather than being properly fixed through patches. Sure, they somewhat fixed the save problems, but it still happens on occasion. The education system is especially an example of this being unfinished.

It's not like I'm on some sort of anti SimCity committee. I've loved these games since I was ten years old, which is why it saddens me to see that this still has so many problems that remain unfixed. It also saddens me to see so many fundamental elements that were in even the most dumbed down entries in the series are missing here (Terraforming, subways, and map size being the biggest ones that actually hurt gameplay greatly).

It's possible to have fun just messing about with SimCity 2013, but if you want to build a full fledged city as we could in the past, this game doesn't deliver on most fronts because of the bugs and the missing gameplay elements that are needed to make this play properly.
---
What's the matter? You can't stand the balls of a strong Nord woman?
#19DalkinPosted 10/29/2013 11:19:46 AM
galfasanta1111 posted...

Every time I make a city, it is inevitably and constantly destroyed after several hours of work due to an unforeseen glitch that I have no control over.

One time, I made the mistake of going with coal power and accepting deliveries from the global market. Everything worked fine for about 10-15 hours or so. Then my whole city's power shut down and literally burned down before my eyes. The reason? The delivery trucks got stuck on the main road and would drive up and down them constantly back and forth but would not enter my city.

Subsequent visits to this title continue to prove that the game encounters a game breaking glitch within an hour or two of play once a city gets large enough. Honestly, why bother? The bugs happen with such frequency at the same times that I am absolutely sure that they didn't test the game for longer then 10 minutes... Because its after the 10 minute mark when things get wonky.

And also, what was the reason for the always on DRM? Oh, right - so that cities would interact with each other. You know, how cities don't exist in bubbles... This is one of the core features of the game - the reason the cities are so small. And does it work? Nope. Not even that works. This is supposedly the CORE feature of the game.

So, to answer your question - I try to shell out for games that actually work.

What games are you playing that you find Sim City 2013 acceptable? I personally own hundreds of games. These days, the lack of quality control that went into 2013 is unacceptable.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#20drink(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 1:22:50 PM(edited)
Disgustipated posted...
When you said you've asked this question before I went and looked through the old posts to find a topic you started and did find one. Everyone said the game is broken and you seemed sad. You were very receptive to others when they said the game is broken and not worth your time, but when I tried to keep my opinion out of the equation and instead stick to only objective answers you got mad. Since you came back it seems like you really want to play the game. Why don't you just spend the money and play the game? Form your own opinion.

Didn't know this topic was still alive.

Before spending my money, I wanted to get other peoples opinion on the game in its current state. I'm sure you have done the same thing. Example: Your friend has the iphone 5c and your thinking about getting it, you would ask "Hows that phone?". Tech specs and notes or in this case, patch notes can't substitute for user experience. I think the issue here was that I did want your opinion.

I will take your advice and just buy it. I do want the game. I have a 25% off coupon from GF and no longer need to wait for the next sale. Just my next paycheck.

Thx all
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake