There's DLC coming out when the base game doesn't work

#11call of dutyPosted 10/17/2013 9:19:36 PM
galfasanta1111 posted...
nameless0101 posted...
Yeah I wouldn't bother with it personally, it's good fun until you fill the city space which takes about an hour.

They have also announced they will never be increasing the city size which in my opinion effectively writes the whole game off.

It only "writes the game off" if you were expecting SimCity 4 part 2.

I haven't played much of SimCity 4, but I am glad with SimCity 5. To me the cities are medium size, not small. I am not comparing to SimCity 4, but from what i'm reading in to SimCity 5. When you get a city on plains that has no cliffs, no sea, IMO that city has plenty of room.

Plus the way Maxis are going with the game, they are planning on building upwards rather than outwards.

So you haven't played any other Sim City and are stuck in your enclosed little world to see what the problem is. Go back under your rock please.
---
Number of people who claim that I'm an idiot because of my username, even though they were not born when I created my account nor ever played the first CoD: 14
#12GTAfan421Posted 10/29/2013 2:40:19 PM(edited)
galfasanta1111 posted...
nameless0101 posted...
Yeah I wouldn't bother with it personally, it's good fun until you fill the city space which takes about an hour.

They have also announced they will never be increasing the city size which in my opinion effectively writes the whole game off.

I haven't played much of SimCity 4, but I am glad with SimCity 5. To me the cities are medium size, not small. I am not comparing to SimCity 4, but from what i'm reading in to SimCity 5. When you get a city on plains that has no cliffs, no sea, IMO that city has plenty of room.

Plus the way Maxis are going with the game, they are planning on building upwards rather than outwards.

No one was expecting SimCity 4 part 2, we were expecting what anyone should from a sequel to a city building simulation game - the ability to build a city with lots of different bells and whistles available to make things work better (subways were not fluff- they were there for a reason). Its pretty bad when I can design a better functioning commute system in a game from ten years ago than I can in a game that came out a little over half a year ago.

Due to the loss of fundamental gameplay elements, building a properly functioning city is damn-near impossible to do for more than a very buggy and frustrating 10-15 hours of play until whatever you worked so hard to build inevitably melts down. Its like they only expected anyone to play for long enough to build up a city that was worthy of clicking away with disasters, and that's it. This expansion coming out isn't worth thirty cents if they don't come out and fix the massive problems that are in the base game.

SimCity 2013 is one of, if not the worst AAA city building simulation game I've ever played in my life (I first played SimCity when 2000 was new). I simply cannot believe this comes from the people who brought us classics like SimCity 2000, and SimCity 4 (with the EPs).

I've said it before and I'll say it here; there is simply no excuse for this game to be such a mess, especially when they've got so many past iterations in the franchise that worked so well, and worked at launch. Its hard to believe with the shape this is in that this anything but a blatant cash grab rushed out the door after minimal playtesting.

This game is a f***ing disaster.
---
What's the matter? You can't stand the balls of a strong Nord woman?
#13Lord_VaderPosted 10/30/2013 7:34:13 PM
GTAfan421 posted...
galfasanta1111 posted...
nameless0101 posted...

No one was expecting SimCity 4 part 2, we were expecting what anyone should from a sequel to a city building simulation game - the ability to build a city with lots of different bells and whistles available to make things work better (subways were not fluff- they were there for a reason). Its pretty bad when I can design a better functioning commute system in a game from ten years ago than I can in a game that came out a little over half a year ago.

Due to the loss of fundamental gameplay elements, building a properly functioning city is damn-near impossible to do for more than a very buggy and frustrating 10-15 hours of play until whatever you worked so hard to build inevitably melts down. Its like they only expected anyone to play for long enough to build up a city that was worthy of clicking away with disasters, and that's it. This expansion coming out isn't worth thirty cents if they don't come out and fix the massive problems that are in the base game.

SimCity 2013 is one of, if not the worst AAA city building simulation game I've ever played in my life (I first played SimCity when 2000 was new). I simply cannot believe this comes from the people who brought us classics like SimCity 2000, and SimCity 4 (with the EPs).

I've said it before and I'll say it here; there is simply no excuse for this game to be such a mess, especially when they've got so many past iterations in the franchise that worked so well, and worked at launch. Its hard to believe with the shape this is in that this anything but a blatant cash grab rushed out the door after minimal playtesting.

This game is a f***ing disaster.

Most of the people at Maxis that made the older games including SC4 left a long time ago, most notably Will Wright. That's what happens when you sell yourself out to a corporation. So in any case the people who brought us SimCity 4 and the like are NOT the same people who brought us SC2013. Such a shame though that they've tarnished the Maxis name forever.
---
Live long and prosper.