So should I buy this?

#11PRNDLPosted 1/21/2014 6:04:19 AM
It depends. I don't know if you'll like it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Don't listen to EA haters and bandwagon jumpers, and people who wanted Simcity 4.5. This is different than other sim cities, but it's fun. I haven't had bugs since I started a couple weeks ago. You gotta take everything said here with a grain of salt. It's popular to hate on simcity and EA so that's what people will do. Rarely do you see people on the Internet forming their own opinions. Instead they parrot what they hear.

Watch Skye Storm's lets play videos and decide for yourself. Or buy it. It's only $30. Plus offline is coming as a free download soon anyways.
#12TFHDeathUA709Posted 1/21/2014 2:56:10 PM(edited)
PRNDL posted...
It depends. I don't know if you'll like it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Don't listen to EA haters and bandwagon jumpers, and people who wanted Simcity 4.5. This is different than other sim cities, but it's fun. I haven't had bugs since I started a couple weeks ago. You gotta take everything said here with a grain of salt. It's popular to hate on simcity and EA so that's what people will do. Rarely do you see people on the Internet forming their own opinions. Instead they parrot what they hear.

Watch Skye Storm's lets play videos and decide for yourself. Or buy it. It's only $30. Plus offline is coming as a free download soon anyways.

It's popular to hate on SimCity? That statement means nothing if it's because the game has issues. You know what happens when a game has big issues??? People start to "hate" on it.

If you enjoyed it then fine but don't belittle the opinions of others as meaningless and then put yours up on a pedestal. The game had huge issues. They took it in some very weird directions considering the core mechanics of the series. The funny thing is I am not a hardcore Sim City player anyways. I've played one or two of the other games but they were well done and I felt that if there were issues with the city it was because of my design and not because the engine behind it was so ambitious that it muddles how things work counter-intuitively.

Your advice is for him to just not listen to people that take issue with what EA and Maxis did to the game? I tried my best with this game to give it a chance. I bought it at launch but I've been disappointed again and again when I try to go back after every few months.

But thank you for saying my opinion isn't worth listening to. You tell him to listen to one youtuber or just to buy it because it's $30??? That's not a good idea.

To the TC. I still do not recommend this game. In the end though I would recommend watching several different people review or play the game. It may be fine for you at it's current price point and as you can see from a few posts there are some people that find enjoyment from the game. But the odds aren't in your favor.

I'd personally at least wait until the next big patch comes out and/or some people start getting some mods for it. It'd would be horrible to buy it thinking the update is going to be great and then be disappointed like many of us were for the release.
---
The last time a Tiger took a beating this bad his wife had a 5 iron.
Roll Tide
#13PRNDLPosted 1/22/2014 5:44:40 PM
tl; dr

*yawn*
#14DisgustipatedPosted 1/23/2014 3:42:07 AM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
Your advice is for him to just not listen to people that take issue with what EA and Maxis did to the game?

That is the best advice someone could give. Don't listen to what someone else's opinion is, play the game yourself and make your own opinion. If you don't want to buy it right away then find a friend who has it, or watch some YouTube videos of the game in action to see what everything is about to better inform yourself.
---
your best friend's drug dealer
#15TFHDeathUA709Posted 1/23/2014 7:05:54 AM
Disgustipated posted...
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
Your advice is for him to just not listen to people that take issue with what EA and Maxis did to the game?

That is the best advice someone could give. Don't listen to what someone else's opinion is, play the game yourself and make your own opinion. If you don't want to buy it right away then find a friend who has it, or watch some YouTube videos of the game in action to see what everything is about to better inform yourself.

That's not what he's saying. He said to ignore people that don't like it but to listen to him saying it was good. Then pointed him to one youtuber that likes the game. Why is his enjoying the game something TC should listen too but he should ignore anyone that had issues with the game???

I myself said for him to research the game himself. But I didn't tell him "Ignore those people that like the game. I hate it and this youtuber hates it too."

Just look at his second post. The guy is far more of a fanboy than the people that played and hate aspects of this game.
---
Roll Tide
#16PRNDLPosted 2/8/2014 7:41:46 PM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...
Disgustipated posted...
TFHDeathUA709 posted...

That's not what he's saying. He said to ignore people that don't like it but to listen to him saying it was good. Then pointed him to one youtuber that likes the game. Why is his enjoying the game something TC should listen too but he should ignore anyone that had issues with the game???

I myself said for him to research the game himself. But I didn't tell him "Ignore those people that like the game. I hate it and this youtuber hates it too."

Just look at his second post. The guy is far more of a fanboy than the people that played and hate aspects of this game.

Please point out in my post where I said "listen to me because I like the game." Oh wait. You can't. Why? Because it's not there. A little reading comprehension goes a long way. The above poster knows that. I also pointed him to Skye Storm because it's a great video for learning how the game is played. You get to watch the game being played and make a decision if that's what you want to do.
#17TFHDeathUA709Posted 2/14/2014 7:18:53 AM
First off. How did you get a quote wrong??? And then actually complain about my reading comprehension after you can't even quote what was said. And you even posted that my post was "tl; dr *yawn*" What??? you make a post claiming you won't read like 500 words and then later make a post claiming to know what I said?

What you quoted I said about you:
"listen to me because I like the game."

What I actually said:
"He said to ignore people that don't like it but to listen to him saying it was good."

So maybe you need reading comprehension.

So now let's point out where you in my words said "ignore people that don't like it" and "listen to him saying it was good"

PRNDL posted...
I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Ok. So you are saying to "listen to [you] saying it was good"

Don't listen to EA haters and bandwagon jumpers, and people who wanted Simcity 4.5. So listen to the fact that you like it. But don't listen to the people that hate it(i.e. haters)???

As you can see you did say to listen to you(by the fact that you posted) and that it was good. Then you said people that don't like the game shouldn't be listened to.

Now go back and read my post(the one you said you didn't read because it's too long for you: "To the TC. I still do not recommend this game. In the end though I would recommend watching several different people review or play the game. It may be fine for you at it's current price point and as you can see from a few posts there are some people that find enjoyment from the game. But the odds aren't in your favor.

I'd personally at least wait until the next big patch comes out and/or some people start getting some mods for it. It'd would be horrible to buy it thinking the update is going to be great and then be disappointed like many of us were for the release."

Notice how I didn't say your opinion wasn't valid??? I actually pointed out that some like the game. I didn't claim that anyone that likes this game must be working for EA or something silly.

This is different than other sim cities, but it's fun. I haven't had bugs since I started a couple weeks ago. You gotta take everything said here with a grain of salt. Ok. Lets assume we take "everything" with a grain of salt. That still means that 90% of that salt is negative. Unless you're claiming that your salt is weighted more.

It's popular to hate on simcity and EA so that's what people will do. Nice straw man argument. People only hate on this game because it's simcity and EA??? So why do many of the same people say SimCity 4 is so good??? That too is an EA game

Rarely do you see people on the Internet forming their own opinions. Instead they parrot what they hear. Another straw man. So almost everyone that voices an opinion is parroting? I guess you are just one of those rare non-parrot people on the internet. lol.

---
Roll Tide
#18GateCaptainPosted 2/18/2014 7:01:48 AM
If taco bell makes you crap then something is wrong with you. Not the food.

I was also wondering if this game was anyfun, and if the bugs were fixed at least enough to mess around. Guess I'll skip it.
#19Watmanwat(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 10:35:04 PM
Good lord, this one post turned a topic into a flame war.

Anywhoo, I'll listen and decide wether or not to get it after April (Saving all my money for family camping trip)

So we'll see.
---
Lancias are rally kings. No questions asked.
#20fdfivethejaePosted 3/14/2014 7:13:41 AM
TFHDeathUA709 posted...

It's popular to hate on SimCity? That statement means nothing if it's because the game has issues. You know what happens when a game has big issues??? People start to "hate" on it.

If you enjoyed it then fine but don't belittle the opinions of others as meaningless and then put yours up on a pedestal. The game had huge issues. They took it in some very weird directions considering the core mechanics of the series. The funny thing is I am not a hardcore Sim City player anyways. I've played one or two of the other games but they were well done and I felt that if there were issues with the city it was because of my design and not because the engine behind it was so ambitious that it muddles how things work counter-intuitively.

Your advice is for him to just not listen to people that take issue with what EA and Maxis did to the game? I tried my best with this game to give it a chance. I bought it at launch but I've been disappointed again and again when I try to go back after every few months.

But thank you for saying my opinion isn't worth listening to. You tell him to listen to one youtuber or just to buy it because it's $30??? That's not a good idea.

To the TC. I still do not recommend this game. In the end though I would recommend watching several different people review or play the game. It may be fine for you at it's current price point and as you can see from a few posts there are some people that find enjoyment from the game. But the odds aren't in your favor.

I'd personally at least wait until the next big patch comes out and/or some people start getting some mods for it. It'd would be horrible to buy it thinking the update is going to be great and then be disappointed like many of us were for the release.

wow pwned...