Only 15 hours per play-through? Your thoughts?

#1traykey1Posted 1/31/2013 7:14:34 AM
I've been following this game for some time and indeed it looks interesting, however, I have noticed on steam that it features a campaign lasting only about 15 hours which I find quite surprising given the genre of this game. Just wondered what other peoples thoughts were?
#2MrMushasiiPosted 1/31/2013 7:32:50 AM
I personally think that the campaign will be rather generic and therefore could easily flow into Sandbox game, adding +unlimited hours until you get bored of it.
#3ATARIJAWAPosted 1/31/2013 5:43:01 PM
Multiplayer also.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 91
#4quanticdreamPosted 2/1/2013 6:48:46 PM
With only 4 maps (2 coop, 2 vs), multiplayer is still more fun than XCOM (5 maps, all vs). The campaign/sandbox however are lacking, there's no real goal in them...
#5BladenytePosted 2/2/2013 10:19:29 AM
quanticdream posted...
With only 4 maps (2 coop, 2 vs), multiplayer is still more fun than XCOM (5 maps, all vs). The campaign/sandbox however are lacking, there's no real goal in them...

uh... thats kind of what the definition of a 'sandbox' is suppose to mean. you just play. there is no goal, just play till you get bored and have fun and deal with whatever the game throws at you. like sim city or the sims or tropico or any other 'real' sandbox game.

unless you are confusing sandbox, with openworld (just case 2, gta, saints row, etc). because those are 2 vastly different phrases
---
PSN ID: Riftweaver81
I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools-Jon Irenicus BG2
#6quanticdreamPosted 2/2/2013 3:55:18 PM
Bladenyte posted...
thats kind of what the definition of a 'sandbox' is suppose to mean. you just play. there is no goal

not really... there is competition, challenge or at least some sort of extra fun, but here sandbox doesn't offer more than even demo...
#7PharseerPosted 2/4/2013 1:23:25 PM
You would really have to rush through it to finish in 15 hours. It's been a lot longer than 15 hours for me and I only just finished Act 2. 3 more maps opened up. That's not including sandbox or MP.

I like to build out and find all the unique weapons on every map tho, and purchase them for gang use later on. No problems with the campaign length here that's for sure.
#8MechDutchPosted 2/6/2013 3:31:17 PM
Pharseer posted...
I like to build out and find all the unique weapons on every map tho, and purchase them for gang use later on. No problems with the campaign length here that's for sure.

Dito here! I'm not a 'fast paced' player. Building my empire instead of just focusing on the missions at hand, making sure to find all the buildings, weapons, missions, etc.

Man that boosts your game length into the longevity, that's for sure! lol

So far I've put in 20+ hours, and I have yet to get through the fourth map ;)
(that's still Act 1, I believe?) :)
---
PSN: Mech-Dutch
#9traykey1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 8:34:43 AM
Hmm, still interested in this game.
But i think i will wait for a drop in price.