If you kind of like this game but feel you want more, do yourself a favour

#1MrTomJonesPosted 2/2/2013 7:59:08 AM
Play Gangsters 1 or 2.

They may be 10 years old but they are pretty much updated versions of Omerta with a lot more detail and strategy.
#2Psycko101Posted 2/2/2013 9:24:56 AM
I got them and a few others, just didn't try them yet :-) Omerta is ok ,but unless things get better i probably prefer to go pay something else.
---
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."-Dr Samuel Johnson
#3MurderKingPosted 2/2/2013 11:17:32 AM
I still play the first Gangsters occasionally. Wish they would make a proper sequel. The strategic gameplay of Gangsters with the presentation and tactical combat of Omerta would be my dream game. Holy crap that interface is bad. And the isometric map and RT combat, ugh.
---
"How does one inflict deaths on the enemy more often?"
#4raichudlPosted 2/2/2013 2:42:46 PM
Thanks, TC.
---
Shut up and bag yourselves!!! -Cody Rhodes
#5Nickclone2Posted 2/2/2013 3:18:21 PM
This game is surprisingly buggy as well...
---
I forgive you, but I can't speak for O.J.
Obama/Biden '12
#6raichudlPosted 2/2/2013 4:57:49 PM
So I hear, people missing at 97% three times in a row.
---
Shut up and bag yourselves!!! -Cody Rhodes
#7steker16Posted 2/3/2013 3:07:57 PM
So I hear, people missing at 97% three times in a row.

thats called bad luck, not a bug..97% =/= 100%
---
nomnomnom
#8krazy168Posted 2/4/2013 6:50:01 AM
While I would much rather the strategic portion of the game in gangsters oc, I think the isometric view is far superior. in the original game it was near useless for most part.

what they should have done is just fleshed out the strategic portion and merge it with the isometric view.

actually, might have been like that at one stage, but they had to make it more accessible to 'todays' gamers.
---
I am a qualified game developer, designer, tester and critic. I achieved all this by simply making a gamefaqs account.
#9giocarePosted 2/4/2013 9:48:07 AM(edited)
People could also check out Gangland, it's not turn based but its more fun than Omerta which is as boring as watching paint dry. It also has a sequel called Escape From Paradise City but I haven't played that one.
#10MadellePosted 2/4/2013 1:12:51 PM
Unfortunately, Gangsters: Organized Crime becomes unplayable late game. You get spammed with messages every 2 seconds as your hoods see rival gangmembers on the street. Then they start shooting at each other, the police intervene and suddenly it's world war 3 and half your crew is lying dead in the street at the end of the week. Or maybe thr rival gang is having a shootout with the police, one of your boys passes by and suddenly decided he wants in on the action and the action escalates from there. Every week pretty much becomes all out carnage with little you can do to prevent it.

I loved the game. I have a lot of fond memories from the game, such as when I hired about 20 talentless mooks with no skills, gave them guns and sent them to storm a rival gang's headquarters. Only one of them survived but they got the job done. Sadly, there were elements that were close to broken.
---
"In the depths of winter I finally found in myself an invincible summer" ~Albert Camus