Can the boss only punch people?

#1SickopuppiePosted 2/5/2013 12:49:58 PM
I want to equip a gun but I'm not sure if I can. Can someone please help?
---
6.3 Thz Intel Core 4 Deca | 128GB DDR5 RAM | ATI X4300XT^2 3.2 Ghz 8GB GDDR4 | Audigy 8 ZX Platinum PRO | Western Digital Raptor 1YB 150,000 RPM | MSI K9X SLI2
#2MechDutchPosted 2/5/2013 1:03:27 PM
Sickopuppie posted...
I want to equip a gun but I'm not sure if I can. Can someone please help?

When you go to the 'Manage Gangsters" screen, you can see a button that says "equip". This lets you equip weapons indeed, so if you started out with a knife, you'll be able to bring a gun with you instead.

However, I have only started playing about 2 hours ago, and I haven't found a weapon yet that I could equip.

Buying the firearms from someone only gives you firearms to do drive-by's or sell them to others. I couldn't use those to equip (yet?).

But yeah, in short it should be possible...as to how, I dunno yet...
---
PSN: Mech-Dutch
#3PharseerPosted 2/5/2013 2:07:35 PM
Check the crime lords and the deputies houses. They are the ones that have the stars or the fedora hats above them:)

You might have to grease their palms a little to get on their good side, but then check their weapons tab! Send a henchie to go buy that weapon, and THEN go into your equip screen to arm your folks accordingly!

Tip:good idea to do this BEFORE you complete a map, you can't go back to them once you leave the map, and you might miss some unique/signature weapons if you leave early.

Have fun and good luck!
#4MechDutchPosted 2/5/2013 3:31:09 PM
Thanks, and yeah, I just bought mu first Revolver from a Deputy ;)

Didn't know about unique signature weapons tho, good tip! Thanks!
---
PSN: Mech-Dutch
#5Sickopuppie(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 3:16:07 AM
Thanks a lot! I didn't realize I could buy weapons from the deputy/crime lords. I kind of feel like the game did not do a good job explaining that.

I ended up restarting my game because my team got their butts handed to them on the 3rd mission.
---
6.3 Thz Intel Core 4 Deca | 128GB DDR5 RAM | ATI X4300XT^2 3.2 Ghz 8GB GDDR4 | Audigy 8 ZX Platinum PRO | Western Digital Raptor 1YB 150,000 RPM | MSI K9X SLI2