Online with 3G

#1AkaimizuPosted 2/28/2013 10:39:29 AM
Just a confirmation that the full game works fine over 3G. Hardly a noticeable difference.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't see any recent posts about it and the ones that did exist were mainly speculating.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#2j2zon2591Posted 3/3/2013 2:14:31 AM
hardly? So it is noticeable huh?

BTW thanks! I wanted to know.. I can't believe it's playable in 3G.. I'm very surprised.
#3natchu96Posted 3/3/2013 3:38:17 AM
j2zon2591 posted...

BTW thanks! I wanted to know.. I can't believe it's playable in 3G.. I'm very surprised.

If the difference is that barely noticeable, it could just be a placebo . . . *wishful thinking*
---
"Memento Mori, if the nineth lion ate the sun." - Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
#4j2zon2591Posted 3/3/2013 11:31:30 PM
natchu96 posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

If the difference is that barely noticeable, it could just be a placebo . . . *wishful thinking*

Too bad the game isn't popular enough for some random dude to run latency tests huh xD
#5Akaimizu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 9:39:18 AM
You can't run major latency tests within the first day of play. Especially without a ton of people online in the Vita servers. So no, there wasn't what I call a capacity test to say for certain there's no difference.

If you only run with a couple of people and such, it's not what I call a thorough test so one can't deal in absolutes in such short time.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#6hajile12Posted 3/4/2013 10:52:20 AM
Thats good to know!!!
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#7miyuki308Posted 3/4/2013 1:17:22 PM
Akaimizu posted...
You can't run major latency tests within the first day of play. Especially without a ton of people online in the Vita servers. So no, there wasn't what I call a capacity test to say for certain there's no difference.

If you only run with a couple of people and such, it's not what I call a thorough test so one can't deal in absolutes in such short time.

Ship 2 was "busy" and at one point "full" this morning, US time.

That's a ton of people online.
---
Playing: PSO2, Atelier Totori Plus
Anticipating: Sen no Kiseki, Madou Monogatari (maybe), ...PSO2 Vita?
#8Akaimizu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 2:05:48 PM(edited)
miyuki308 posted...
Akaimizu posted...

Ship 2 was "busy" and at one point "full" this morning, US time.

That's a ton of people online.

And when did I write my initial post? Within the first 24 hours of release, where I had a lunch break to do a run or two. I didn't intend to become some constant latency test, after the fact. The post was supposed to say it worked and was working well. I was at work everyday afterwards, during the high capacity times.

---
#9richard733Posted 3/5/2013 1:30:23 AM
I thought 3g on the vita was just for cross game chat and Facebook and such.
#10Akaimizu(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 12:09:49 PM
It was initially advertised as such, even though there were some games that allowed it from very early. Stuff like the Hot Shots Golf.

I think it was one of the times they made sure expectations didn't exceed what publishers were actually going to do with their games on the system. So 3G support was optional on a per-game basis.

I do wish that when they sell a game that there is some on-box, or on-game-description (for digital releases) of what 3G can do compared to Wifi, or just leave a 3G/Wifi mark for a game that generically offers all available online services across both.
---