Wow... I cannot play this game like this...

#1Kasceis18Posted 4/27/2012 7:51:35 PM
The controls...

I'm a south paw(inverted up-and-down) control. In Call of Duty or any first person shooter I HAVE to play this way. I cannot control the up being up and down being down like this. I checked the options and cant find a way to change the option.

Right now, its unplayable for me.
#2francofone127Posted 4/27/2012 8:22:18 PM
Your loss. There's already been a few threads about the controls. This isn't a heavy motion game. It shouldn't be a big deal
---
Hey! This no my pee!
#3darkharePosted 4/27/2012 8:32:36 PM
gamers are the only people i know that think something that they show a intrest within should change to suit them instead of themselves learning how to use the item how it is. try doing this with any other hobby like model building, fishing, shooting guns; it doesnt work that way..
#4caliguy1971Posted 4/27/2012 8:55:57 PM
^^lol, so true. I never really thought of it that way, but damn if that isn't true.
---
Check it out: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.php?board=2000325
#5Tidus6135Posted 4/27/2012 9:10:37 PM
It's called adapting. I haven't played inverted since Goldeneye.
---
(caps)
#6CrazyMammothPosted 4/27/2012 9:18:44 PM
this game is ment to work as if your looking out the front of your eyes

up is up, down is down

your not flying an aircraft or playing an FPS

this is a Puzzle RPG with heavy story its not an FPS

why every FPS fanboy thinks every game should invert is beyond me
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: CrazyMammoth1
#7WillzordPosted 4/28/2012 1:20:07 AM
^Previous poster:

I disagree, have you ever thought of it like this?

When you look down you tilt your head or body down (stick forwards / up).
When you look up, you tilt you head up or body up (stick backwards / down).

Feels more natural and makes more sense to me.

Yeah sure gamers are well known for whining etc, but to me this is a really simple addition and its a tad frustrating when devs just ignore it. If they've made a good game and proud of it, why not just throw an invert option in - probably would only take them 10 minutes to do.
---
Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music ...
#8jamesflames82Posted 4/28/2012 3:39:48 AM
darkhare posted...
gamers are the only people i know that think something that they show a intrest within should change to suit them instead of themselves learning how to use the item how it is. try doing this with any other hobby like model building, fishing, shooting guns; it doesnt work that way..

Gamers are also people who religously defend something that the devs CLEARLY made a mistake on. Inverted isn't just something that suits certain gamers. It's how half the gaming community has played games for years. You would be hard pressed to find many games made in the past 10 years that DON'T have an invert feature. Why do you all jump up to defend a company that you don't even work for?
---
Gamertag: Calvin AG
#9MephistophelesPosted 4/28/2012 6:28:22 AM
I disagree, have you ever thought of it like this?

When you look down you tilt your head or body down (stick forwards / up).
When you look up, you tilt you head up or body up (stick backwards / down).

Feels more natural and makes more sense to me.

While that's true and makes sense for an FPS in a game like this it doesn't really make sense at all. You are using a cursor most of the game... When you're using a computer you don't feel like you should be pulling the mouse toward you to move it to the top of the screen, do you?
---
XBL: Scooby MaroonPSN: GhostOfJAWS Wii: A bunch of numbers!
#10MaverickneoPosted 4/28/2012 6:34:58 AM
Down to look down
Up to look up.

Im not flying a plane.