Now this is the kind of choice that is good in games (spoilers maybe)

#1JamesFraughtonPosted 4/28/2012 1:45:12 PM
Actual tough choices, that don't (at least seemingly) end up with just the same result. I'm sure the girl blows her head off either way, but the Doug, Carly one was really hard for me. I saw the usefulness in Carly's skills, but I liked Doug more, and seemed more of a friend to Lee. And seeing how that choice will pan out will be interesting vs. the Carly choice. I hope there are more tough ones like this that feel like that have meaningful consequences.
---
XBox360 GamerTag - James Fraughton
PSN - JamesFraughton
#2UnIt3d_We_StAnDPosted 4/28/2012 1:55:11 PM
^ i chose to save doug as well.
---
war does not determine who is right; only who is left...
#3FLAWLESSCROWNSPosted 4/28/2012 2:04:26 PM
I think the choices need to have an actual impact in your story later on, not simply a pallet swap between faces/voices, for the "toughness" not to be just superficial. For example, I need on of the survivors to put a couple batteries in this generator to fry a couple of zombies or something idk. Carly fails someone dies, Doug succeeds someone lives.
---
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/225/41648574c040cb4ff5fa052369c63dc5.gif
#4w00dm4nPosted 4/28/2012 3:05:09 PM
always pick the woman...how else can you repopulate the earth?
#5EremyndilPosted 4/28/2012 3:22:44 PM
In my first play I saved Doug (player choice was at 23%) because I thought he would save her. It came out well anyway because the reporter knew who I was, problem is Larry(?) also knows.
---
2005: Console gaming's (early adopter) consumers become pay-to-play game testers (bugs/glitches)
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#6OhYouFoolPosted 4/28/2012 3:43:26 PM
Even thought Carley knew who I was, I was honest with her and she stated something to me saying that she wasn't about to make any pointless judgements based purely on some judicial ruling or something.

The point is I have her back and she's got mine. I'm hoping it won't backfire in the end.
---
Currently Playing: The Walking Dead EP 1, Skyrim, Dungeon Defenders/Waiting For: Walking Dead EP2, Max Payne 3, KH3D
#7Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 4/28/2012 4:07:22 PM
I actually had to think about it for a second, but I saved Doug because Carly knew I was a murderer and might tell the group. Little did I know that Larry knew who I was too.

Saving Duck over Shawn was a much easier choice. I read the comic and I watch the show and there's really no point in saving Shawn.

Comic and show spoiler.....

Shawn is already one of the walkers kept in the barn in both the graphic novel and the show.

End Spoiler

The way I see it is that It's better to piss Hershel off than Kenny anyways because Kenny is the one that is actually with you past that point.
---
I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane??
#8pillerofautumnPosted 4/29/2012 12:42:31 AM
The Doug/Carly thing was easy for me. Not only is Carly a woman, which is good for several reasons, but she's good with a gun. Reminds me of Andrea(comic one, not unstable TV show one). Doug might be book smart, but don't see that coming up too often as useful in a zombie apocalypse. He can remember remote codes, that's great, I rather have someone who can have my back if things go wrong.

The really hard choice was between Shawn and Duck. Shawn is clearly more useful, but Duck is still a kid. I went for Duck every time cause once you stop caring about children, you've pretty much lost your humanity imo. Sucked to find out no matter your choice, Shawn still dies.
#9Reece504Posted 4/29/2012 6:20:59 AM
hersel might know something if you lied to him also to people doubting doug remember he saved carley so hey he might have a heroic tuff side later on lol
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez