Is it supposed to be obvious or is it just me...? (Spoilers)

#1AnIrishSaintPosted 5/1/2012 2:02:17 AM
When you hear Duck and Shawn yell out for help, and Shawn is pinned under the tractor, was it Duck screwing around on the tractor that caused it to move forward and pin down Shawn?

After I saw that, I felt like Duck was to blame for the problem and I easily chose Shawn. I was pretty surprised when I saw that the majority picked Duck, though...
#2S1lver_Bull3tPosted 5/1/2012 4:12:29 AM
Exactly why I chose Shawn to save. From that moment, I absolutely hated Duck >:(
---
Can I really put anything I want in this little box? Cool!
#3CountDogPosted 5/1/2012 5:51:33 AM
You could argue that, but what I had decided right then and there is that I couldn't see a child dying before my eyes the I chose what I thought might just be the lesser of the two evils. Now the kid screwing up with the traitor, it's just an honest mistake by a little kid nothing more and nothing less. Maybe it's that guys fault for getting in the way hhhmmmm....?
---
http://kinomania.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/gran-torino-clint-eastwood.jpg
http://verleih.polyfilm.at/how_arnold_won_the_west/arnold%20thumbs%20up.jpg
#4Tha_OnePosted 5/1/2012 9:02:25 AM
First thing I yelled out was "damnit Carl!"
---
E.... Not just a vowel, but almost promises you'll get laid by a lady at the club. Pooh Da Stryker
#5pothocketPosted 5/1/2012 11:39:24 AM
My choice was simply reacting. I don't think I had time to take in the entire scene. I just reacted and chose the kid before realizing the issue was more than just zombies.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6AyahRivenPosted 5/1/2012 11:42:18 AM
On my first playthrough I chose Shawn for some reason, and I don't even know why. I'd like to think that in a real-life situation, I'd choose to save a child over almost anybody else.
#7xSnoMaynxPosted 5/1/2012 11:48:58 AM
That is exactly why I chose shawn too, is there absolutely no way to save him?
#8AyahRivenPosted 5/1/2012 11:55:37 AM
That is exactly why I chose shawn too, is there absolutely no way to save him?

Unfortunately not. He sort of needs to die for a certain event that takes place in the comics.
#9EddyRajaPosted 5/1/2012 1:02:37 PM
Ayah, can you tell me what happens? I haven't read the comic. Thanks
---
Raiden672008(PS3/Xbox id)
#10pillerofautumnPosted 5/1/2012 1:18:31 PM
Considering there were zombies bearing down, can you blame the kid for freaking out? It could have been an accident when he got frightened and moved the wheel over Shawn's leg. This is an 8 year old kid, not a stone cold Navy Seal.

Just find it weird that so many people chose against the kid for this reason. Or even any reason. I'd hope it would be because there is no real life consequence, otherwise, I'm afraid for what humanity might become in a situation like that.