Is anyone REALLY upset at the main character being black?

#1Duh_Bad_GuyPosted 5/1/2012 1:24:38 PM
I'm black but I honestly don't care what race a protag is. Seeing black characters in games don't give me a sense of relation. Reminds me of back when it was announced that Carl Johnson was the main character in San Andreas, the racial uproar that caused. A good game is a good game regardless of race.

Besides, the ONLY race i hate is a nascar race.
---
"An eye for an eye ass wipe. A toof, for a gotdamn toof." -Buffalo Soldier
#2PigfartsPosted 5/1/2012 1:34:34 PM
Somewhat, I like the traditional white hero, and no im also not white.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#3pokemonmaster0Posted 5/1/2012 1:37:48 PM
Doesn't bother me. (I'm white)
#4lovelesskPosted 5/1/2012 1:47:21 PM
pokemonmaster0 posted...
Doesn't bother me. (I'm white)

+1

As long as he's not a cliche abomination like Cole Train "Wooo wooo, all aboard for some blackface and purple drank!" then I could care less.

The MC in this is from my culture. That's the only thing that keeps me in the moment.

If he was a hood rat or genteel 15th century noble, I couldn't relate and wouldn't want to play him.
---
Politicians never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money --- only for wanting to keep your own money." [Joseph Sobran]
#5CarpetfluffPosted 5/1/2012 2:06:31 PM
Didn't even think about it until people kept mentioning it. He's just a guy.
#6JohnnyMarconePosted 5/1/2012 2:17:37 PM
Carpetfluff posted...

Exactly this.
#7DetectivPenguinPosted 5/1/2012 2:58:17 PM

Exactly this.

---
http://i.imgur.com/fyPeQ.jpg
That's Pennington, a train passenger. He SAYS he's a detective, but I don't know.. THANK YOU mariolover2 for the sig!
#8FredCat07Posted 5/1/2012 3:51:52 PM
As long as that person services the purpose, I am alright with any color and any gender.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
#9IDS3Posted 5/1/2012 4:05:22 PM
Lee was one of the most neutral black characters I've seen in any game to date. He was just a guy, and I think it's the situation we're supposed to relate to, not his skin color...

Also, glad to see some developers are thinking outside of the brown hair & stubble cliche that's been so popular in gaming recently...
#10windu3390Posted 5/1/2012 4:17:12 PM
Never really thought twice about it. I'm enjoying the hell out of the game, that's all that matters to me.