Why do so many people including reviewers miss the point of the Radio "puzzle"

#1CalistoCoonPosted 5/2/2012 5:39:29 AM
*spoilers maybe*

Excerpt from Desctroid's review.

There is one “puzzle” that stands out as something of an anomaly. One of your fellow survivors, a woman who until then seemed perfectly intelligent, and continues to be so after the puzzle, seemingly has no clue how to operate a battery powered radio. In fact, she didn’t even know how to look for batteries. Utterly baffling.

Clearly I thought this was meant to show that she was under great mental and emotional stress and even the most basic and simple things where becoming an issue to her due to how she was bottling everything up.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2megaman_fan220xPosted 5/2/2012 5:55:43 AM
that..or it's because shes a woman.

im kidding im kidding
---
sticks and stones may break my bones, but that F***ing ghost nuked my mineral line! (sc2)
#3Templar40KPosted 5/2/2012 9:35:39 AM
I think it was just a way to give us something more interactive to do and make us pick between

*MASSIVE SPOILERS*

Gun vs Techy

*END SPOILERS*

I do think it could have definitely been written better. No woman, let alone a reporter who's around stuff like that constantly, is that ****ing stupid.
---
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4199/rainen.jpg
#4pokemonmaster0Posted 5/2/2012 9:47:11 AM
CalistoCoon posted...
*spoilers maybe*

Excerpt from Desctroid's review.

There is one “puzzle” that stands out as something of an anomaly. One of your fellow survivors, a woman who until then seemed perfectly intelligent, and continues to be so after the puzzle, seemingly has no clue how to operate a battery powered radio. In fact, she didn’t even know how to look for batteries. Utterly baffling.

Clearly I thought this was meant to show that she was under great mental and emotional stress and even the most basic and simple things where becoming an issue to her due to how she was bottling everything up.

She was able to head shot several zombies no problem, and that was during an actual attack. If she can pull that off why would she be unable to put batteries in when there's a freaking diagram under it.
#5CarpetfluffPosted 5/2/2012 10:25:33 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6CarpetfluffPosted 5/2/2012 11:51:03 AM
I could swallow the putting batteries in back to front if she was rattled, but not even knowing it needed them in first place? C'mon. In hindsight it did seem to be, as mentioned, to highlight the gun versus tech knowledge choice, but it was overplayed - it's not as if she was a quivering, nervous wreck at that point which would probably have made it seem more credible.
#7NriepwPosted 5/2/2012 12:42:42 PM
I'm pretty sure that was to broaden the line between her and Doug.
#8w00dm4nPosted 5/2/2012 12:55:16 PM
How old was she?
I mean it's not impossible to not know how to use a radio like that.
maybe she's an ipod type of girl.
#9CarpetfluffPosted 5/2/2012 2:17:17 PM
w00dm4n posted...
How old was she?

Wiki says late 20's to early 30's.
#10Templar40KPosted 5/2/2012 9:04:21 PM
w00dm4n posted...
How old was she?

She's old enough to be a reporter that knows how to handle a firearm.

I mean... how could anyone honestly believe a reporter doesn't know how to operate a radio? It's one of the largest parts of that field.
---
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4199/rainen.jpg