Don't worry about this game spoiling the TV show.

#1pothocketPosted 5/2/2012 1:15:22 PM
I think it's clear they don't have rights to use anything from the show, just the comic. Otherwise, why include Lilly as a character?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2AsbesdosMothPosted 5/2/2012 1:18:18 PM
Are the show and comic different? I've only read the books, I figured they were the same deal.
---
My other pack mule is a wood elf.
#3pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 1:20:34 PM
spoilers

The show has been killing/saving different characters than what has happened in the comics. For example, Shane not dying before leaving the outskirts of Alanta. It's like an Alt universe or something.
---
#4darkelfkillerPosted 5/2/2012 1:21:17 PM
The game is meant to be a prequel/sidestory from what I can tell. Its already showed how Glenn ended up in Atlanta and introduced Lily as a character. I think they have the rights to use areas and characters from the show seeing as we were at the farm already.
---
"This is it. This is your story. It all begins here."
LoL IGN: Dr Steinman, Steam ID- Fragerboy, XBL GT: Dr.Steinman, 8/3/2010, best day ever.
#5Cosmic MayhemPosted 5/2/2012 1:31:35 PM(edited)
The show is definitely different from the comic. It roughly follows the same vein, but it's incredibly easy to spot the vast amount of differences.

From what I've heard about this game it has nothing to do with the comic or show. For the record I am not 100% sure of this.
---
-\o_o/-
#6namealredytakenPosted 5/2/2012 1:22:26 PM
@AsbesdosMoth
someone involved with the development of the show (sorry, I'm bad with names) said that they were going to change things in the show so they could still surprise fans

I'm paraphrasing of course
---
Necessity is the mother of invention
Experience is the true knowledge
#7pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 1:25:49 PM(edited)
I'm willing to bet money they never use anything from the show. Only from what's in the comics.

Think about the Lord of the Ring rights. just because someone buys the rights to use LotR for a game doesn't mean they're allowed to use material from the Peter Jackson movies. They're two completely different things.

Why include Lilly if this game was at all connected the show? A character that wouldn't show up for years and, when she does, who knows how the TV people will write her character?
---
#8pokemonmaster0Posted 5/2/2012 8:24:16 PM
Cosmic Mayhem posted...
The show is definitely different from the comic. It roughly follows the same vein, but it's incredibly easy to spot the vast amount of differences.

From what I've heard about this game it has nothing to do with the comic or show. For the record I am not 100% sure of this.

It's canon to the comic series, and Glen/Hershel/Lily(and I guess Shawn although
*minor spoiler

He's dead by the time the comic crew get there, and is in the barn and what not

End spoiler

make appearances.
#9SILVERDEVIL000Posted 5/13/2012 10:07:08 PM
AsbesdosMoth posted...
Are the show and comic different? I've only read the books, I figured they were the same deal.

The books? wat
---
Current Gear: Ibanez RG5EX1 (w/DiMarzio Evo in bridge), B-52 AT100 Head, B-52 LS412 slant cab.
#10pokemonmaster0Posted 5/13/2012 11:32:35 PM
SILVERDEVIL000 posted...
AsbesdosMoth posted...

The books? wat

There's one book to my knowledge, Rise of the Governor
Also looking at Amazon it seems like another one is on the way, road to woodbury.