need petit computer mml help

#1megas0142Posted 11/17/2012 9:55:27 AM
i need help creating mml in general but this will help me create an mml version of the minecraft theme as well as some other music. so please can someone help a bro out?
#2jamieyelloPosted 11/17/2012 2:18:31 PM
Do you know what MIDI is? You can just google minecraft midi and you can just download minecraft music, then there's a midi to petit computer mml converter somewhere, google that, it has to be a midi to PETIT COMPUTER mml, not just a normal one. Anyway making and finding music is way easier to do in midi that mml.
#3megas0142(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:34:50 AM
im doing this all by my 3ds and im on the forum here with the 3ds so i can't really do much but play it by ear and my question is how to make the notes and stuff but thank you for your help it means alot.
#4cjchrist1Posted 11/19/2012 9:17:58 PM
megas0142 posted...
im doing this all by my 3ds and im on the forum here with the 3ds so i can't really do much but play it by ear and my question is how to make the notes and stuff but thank you for your help it means alot.

you have probably figured this out already since this post is somewhat old, but I figured since no one else replied I would try and help. keep in mine that I just now figured this out after I read this post so here it goes lol.

assuming you know how to read music or know of some way of your own to transcribe music into MML form it's pretty simple really, all you have to do is tell it what to play
Try this on for size.

N$="<G4F#4E4D4C4>B4A4G4"
M$="G4A4B4<C4D4E4F#4G4"
BGMPLAY N$

that will play a descending G major scale starting in the 5th octave on the piano. If you take out BGMPLAY N$ and replace it with BGMPLAY M$ it will play an ascending G major scale starting in the 4th octave on the piano. the 4's following the note names are the lengths of notes 4 being quarter note 2 being half note 3 being dotted quarter and so on. after this you can find everything that you need, available to you in number 10 of the help menu under MML Commands. if you have any questions I would gladly help in any way possible, also here is a fantastic site that I use when I am stumped.

snailfacia.zxq.net
#5megas0142(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 10:54:36 PM
thank you so much i will try this out asap
#6Hale-BoppPosted 11/20/2012 9:27:23 AM
There's an excellent MML reference guide right here on the forums as well:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/663843-petit-computer/63524945