3DS TF Prime first impressions

#1h82blatPosted 10/30/2012 1:10:55 PM
I am a huge Transformers fan from back in the 80s. I have enjoyed the Prime TV series and picked-up this game for $30 at Wal-mart today.

Overall score thus far is 7/10

I have played the first 4 levels and one multiplayer level (with CPU alternate players). My first impressions are good. All the voice-work from the series is here. The models look decent (I believe the WiiU version has much better character models). The 3D effect is almost non-existent. This is the first 3DS title that I have turned the 3D effect completely OFF.

Gameplay:
You can transform at any time and your vehicle has attacks (boost, jump, guns). Your robot mode has both melee and weapon (guns) attacks, along with a special weapon once a battle meter is filled. There is a lock-on feature to target specific baddies.

There are a couple driving specific parts of some levels that are executed well. Otherwise, Itís a bit of a 3D brawler where you fight waves of enemies. Mostly vehicons throughout the level with a boss fight against a decepticon. The boss fights are fun, but not overly challenging (through 4 levels).

There are extras to collect to add in the re-play value which unlock character models, medals, and artwork

Story:
Seems to fit right into the Prime universe with dark energon and whatnot. All the voice actors have added their talents to the cut-scenes.

Multiplayer is Local only.

If you enjoy the Prime series, I recommend this game to you.
---
PSN: Timekeeper007
#2neotimPosted 10/30/2012 6:59:18 PM
I love this game!
---
pkmn blk fc-4598-9389-6974. 3DS FC-0774-4246-6840 Name-OpTIMus
#3h82blat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2012 7:41:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4h82blat(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2012 7:19:50 AM
Tformers has a nice review of the 3DS and Wii version s of this game. Check the link below.

http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=1366
---
PSN: Timekeeper007