Ratchet 1 Bolt Glitch

#1SSjMikitoPosted 6/26/2012 4:05:56 AM
I've been seeing a bit of concern about the Hologuise glitch in Ratchet 1 to get near infinite bolts. The glitch wasn't possible in the PAL version and there is a chance it won't here. I found a video that might clear stuff up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq0DbANdq4&feature=relmfu

If the glitch happens to not work, you can always attempt this. All it requires is the Decoy. Its a little unconventional but hey, it works in the Trilogy version none the less.
#2NecternPosted 6/26/2012 7:46:32 PM
Awesome!!!

Will be helpful for sure.

Thanks
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gASIIbFM5Uk
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1105/charactergif.gif
#3silly_sausagePosted 6/27/2012 12:11:38 AM
Cool. I found my own method on the PAL version that works similar, with the decoy glove and all, but this way looks easier.
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#4awesomesauce13Posted 6/28/2012 5:25:16 AM
The hologuise glitch does work in the original PAL game, just not the platinum version of it. (just thought I'd mention that :P)
#5SolidShepardPosted 6/28/2012 9:29:30 AM
It's been years since I've played it and I've completely forgotten so, to do this, can you finish the hoverboard race already or do you have to do it before finishing the race (and likewise what about the decoy glove method)?
---
Becoming closer to a burst blood vessel in my brain everytime I think of the Mass Effect endings.
#6ChronoCactaurPosted 6/30/2012 7:04:41 AM
The glitch may still be present. I managed to do it on my GH disc, but I had to be very peculiar;

1 - Use Hologuise, talk to race girl

2 - JUMP as soon as the race starts to get off hoverboard

3 - Walk FORWARD throughout the track until you get to the part with the boxes

4 - Equip Taunter, and try to position your PS2 so that the corner presses down on the circle button(Best done with a Slim as a Phat probaly weighs too much), then leave it until you get the bolts you need.

Also, I'm pretty sure the trophy only required 100,000 Bolts and it's a typo. 150,000+ is near-impossible to obtain, let alone a Million.
#7RocketJessPosted 6/30/2012 9:21:56 PM
I tried to do the glitch but it doesn't seem to let me jump off the board. :( Though maybe I'm not doing it quite right.

Also I got to 100,000 bolts; no trophy. 1,000,000 is not going to be fun.

The best non-glitchy way I've found for bolt collecting is the Giant Clank fight against all those mechas. You get about 1300 bolts for a two-minute fight. (So, only another forty rounds til I can buy the RYNO...)
---
RocketJess, blasting off again!
PSN: iscah_rambles
#8NiBuEAPosted 6/30/2012 11:15:47 PM
RocketJess posted...
I tried to do the glitch but it doesn't seem to let me jump off the board. :( Though maybe I'm not doing it quite right.

The best non-glitchy way I've found for bolt collecting is the Giant Clank fight against all those mechas. You get about 1300 bolts for a two-minute fight. (So, only another forty rounds til I can buy the RYNO...)

I think it's easiest to just keep going through the game.

After getting all the skill points and gold weapons, It took me 3 and half hours to speed through the game, skipping cutscenes and just wrecking everything with the Gold Tesla Claw. Ended with 211,000 bolts. Should take around 5 playthroughs or around 15 hours to get to 1 million.
#9SolidShepardPosted 7/1/2012 2:48:03 AM
RocketJess posted...

I didn't try the hologuise glitch since I just presumed that wouldn't work. What I did was I used the decoy glove glitch where you use the decoy glove to push you through a wall and then you can hover onto the track and that worked perfectly. With every box in the pyramid still there I got about five hundred thousand in four hours of the circle button being held down by the Xbox 360 power brick and the rest I had gotten on previous playthroughs.
---
Becoming closer to a burst blood vessel in my brain everytime I think of the Mass Effect endings.