Ratchet 1 bolt glitch - possible spoilers

#1turbobuddahPosted 7/13/2012 7:02:22 AM
In the original ratchet you could use use the hologuise and taunted in the blackwater city hoverboard race to get ridiculous amounts of bolts anyone tested if this still works? I'll check myself when i reach blackwater but only just grabbed the game
#2blueninjamanPosted 7/13/2012 8:10:51 AM
Yes and no

You can still use the taunter to get basically infinite bolts, but the trick of using the hologuise to get to the racetrack on foot doesnt work, in order to get there, you need to use the Decoy Glove to "push" you through the wall, and then you can fly down to the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruF3bpkBUzA
^that shows you how to do it

There is also an alternative spot you can try in the area where Qwark's Trailer is, in the corner of the area behind Qwarks trailer, use the decoy glove trick and you should glitch through the wall, and like on that vid, fly down to the track
---
"Now, let us crush something soft and watch it fountain blood. That is a girlish thing to want to do, yes?" -Shale from Dragon Age: Origins
#3turbobuddah(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 8:59:04 AM
Sweet thanks for the reply didn't fancy grinding my way to the RYNO again took ages if i remember rightly
#4Moe_Lester_13Posted 7/13/2012 8:00:15 PM
It can take a while to get the Decoys to push you through the wall. Took me bout 45 Decoys, and 5 minutes. Others have claimed to take over half an hour.
I reccomend leaving your ps3 on overnight with the Taunter button held down, that way youl have all the Bolts youl need, and get that ridiculous trophy that requires 1,000,000 Bolts (accumulative).
#5awesomesauce13Posted 7/14/2012 2:58:34 AM
From that video, if you move to the corner that's closer to the elevator it can be quite easily done with a single decoy. The first time will probably take quite a few tries though. Tip: Moving the camera around can help you get pushed through. If the camera is shaking violently, it means you're close to getting through
#6LtShelfLifePosted 7/14/2012 2:42:41 PM
I find it MUCH easier to do it this way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkq0DbANdq4&feature=relmfu

You can bug through with two Decoys so much easier than the other place and don't need to fly as far to get to the track.
---
I like Squirtles!
#7blueninjamanPosted 7/14/2012 11:04:23 PM
Yes, that video shows the other location i was talking about, that is behind Qwark's trailer
---
"Now, let us crush something soft and watch it fountain blood. That is a girlish thing to want to do, yes?" -Shale from Dragon Age: Origins