The Nintendo Fan outrage is a hoot!

#1PoodlejumperPosted 4/17/2012 4:47:58 PM

Trent apparently stated that the Wii is akin to a toy in a tweet and the Wii fans are all in a tizzy!

I love the comments.  The ones who have no idea what Baldur's Gate is are now obstinately opposed to purchasing it!

They were never going to buy it in the first place.  :snicker:  It wasn't coming out for anything but the iPan and PC!  :lol:

#2LeBurns63Posted 4/18/2012 8:13:55 AM
But ... the Wii is a toy isn't it? What did they think it was?
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
#3Poodlejumper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2012 9:58:59 AM

Anything you cannot actually do work/anything productive on and exists primarily as entertainment is a toy.

That includes X-Boxes and PS3s.

That's not an insult alluding to childish things either. Jetskis and ATVs are toys as well. A solid platinum chess set is a toy. So are *ahem* "adult toys".

Of course the fact that most Nintendo games are cartoony and are marketed to a younger audience is just a sore spot.

The rantings about how other gamers (really the PS3 and 360 primary gamers) insult the graphics capabilities is even more hilarious. It's like you dare point out that water is wet and they get in a tizzy.

I especially like the ones calling BG a "cult game", "15 years old garbage" or saying "Baldur's who?"...yeah kid. You weren't going to play it in the first place, kid. Trent's dead-on words didn't change jack. It's still the best FRPG in video games that most of us have ever seen. It's getting a facelift and it still not for you unless you want to try something real.

#4TanthalasPosted 4/19/2012 6:06:32 AM
Well, when you say something like that you'll always get fan outrage.

Trent is obviously frustrated that they received nothing for their work on MDK, but he probably should have contained himself. Complaining about Nintendo's regulations for allowing games on the eShop were valid complaints though.

On the other hand, a few more people probably know about BGEE now.
---
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
#5unusmundusPosted 4/19/2012 8:49:28 AM
i think the comment is an hilariously brilliant PR stunt :D

i found out about the enhanced edition because of it ^_^
---
I arise every morning torn between the desire to save the world and the desire to savor the world. It makes it hard to plan the day
#6Poodlejumper(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2012 10:20:20 AM

Actually that is brilliant come to think of it.

Rapid gamers who wouldn't buy it anyways complain about it and talk about this Trent guy who is an "obvious hater" and bringing back a "cult game" (yeah some n00b called it a "cult game") and doing so it creates viral marketing that reaches the ears of those who WOULD actually buy the game.

and the angry hordes will forget his name when the next console vs console outrage comes up.

Step 4 profit!

#7DarquePosted 5/11/2012 8:25:28 PM
Good point that. XD
---
Jill Valentine > You
#8fightersragePosted 5/13/2012 1:23:32 AM
Itoo love toys . And I plan on playing this game on my toy.
---
I like video Games