Hey Drizzt give me your sword!

#1kerplunk1982Posted 12/8/2012 10:12:19 AM
Trying to steal Drizzt's sword as it is one of the best in the game. I remember being able to do this on the old PC version years ago. I might not be a high enough level to do it becuase I keep failing and he keeps killing me! Anyone have any luck stealing it?
---
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect why practice?
#2MoganPosted 12/8/2012 11:04:03 AM
I've never stolen his swords or armor. I've always loaded up on arrows and sling stones, lured him to one side of the pond, and then stood on the other shooting him while the game tried to figure out a path around it.
Or you can place 4 members of your party around him, kick them out of your party so they become neutral, and then attack him from behind the former party members and he wont be able to move through the NPCs to get to you.
You pretty much have to get a crit to hurt him though, so it takes a while.

He'll even reference that you killed him if you meet him in BG2. :p
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#3Kr0w1Nc4rNa73Posted 12/8/2012 11:06:04 AM
How many archers do you have? Are you willing to cart someone's corpse back to a temple to revive them?

What you can do is leave someone behind to attack Drizzt(more like piss him off and run around for a bit until he eventually catches up and kills you) but have your party across the river on the other side and fill him with arrows.

I would typically use a high endurance warrior for the first part, as I believe they're the less likely to get pulped.
---
http://tinypic.com/r/xb9urk/6
#4kerplunk1982(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 10:17:02 AM
was having trouble getting those other ways to work so I just didnt talk to him them came back after a level up from Imoen and put her pickpocketing to 50 and was able to do it after a few tries. Does he have anything else besides the sword on him that is useful? No Guen figurine or anything cool like that?
---
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect why practice?
#5MoganPosted 12/9/2012 6:53:25 PM
^Unless they changed it for the EE, Drizzt has both his scimitars and armor on him, and they're all some of the best items in the game. I've never picked his pocket, so maybe you can only get all 3 items unless you kill him.
---
#6MoganPosted 12/10/2012 7:11:09 AM
^IF you kill him, I meant to say.
---
#7MateoRingheadPosted 12/10/2012 8:27:04 AM
Kr0w1Nc4rNa73 posted...
How many archers do you have? Are you willing to cart someone's corpse back to a temple to revive them?

What you can do is leave someone behind to attack Drizzt(more like piss him off and run around for a bit until he eventually catches up and kills you) but have your party across the river on the other side and fill him with arrows.

I would typically use a high endurance warrior for the first part, as I believe they're the less likely to get pulped.

I just did this last night, but I had to edit the game's config file (Baldur.ini file in your_files > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition) so that the "Path Search Nodes" variable was 2000, rather than the default 32000. Make this change before launching the game, otherwise he will be able to find his way around the stream. 2000 is the minimum value, so if you set it lower it will use the default.

Also, I was easily able to pull off the kill without losing a party member. I had one character guide him to the right spot at the edge of the river, then drink an invisibility potion and run around to join the others. Worked like a charm.
#8Gutter3DPosted 12/15/2012 7:15:57 AM
I thought if you killed him, he only drops his Mithril Chainmail +4 armor and not the 2 swords? IIRC it isn't possible to pick pocket him.
#9aiiirikPosted 12/15/2012 7:30:28 AM(edited)
MateoRinghead posted...
Kr0w1Nc4rNa73 posted...

I just did this last night, but I had to edit the game's config file (Baldur.ini file in your_files > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition) so that the "Path Search Nodes" variable was 2000, rather than the default 32000. Make this change before launching the game, otherwise he will be able to find his way around the stream. 2000 is the minimum value, so if you set it lower it will use the default.

Also, I was easily able to pull off the kill without losing a party member. I had one character guide him to the right spot at the edge of the river, then drink an invisibility potion and run around to join the others. Worked like a charm.

Why go through all that trouble? There are way easier ways to kill him if you are going to cheat anyway.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#10Kr0w1Nc4rNa73Posted 12/15/2012 8:08:56 AM
MateoRinghead posted...
Kr0w1Nc4rNa73 posted...

Haha, yeah I found out the hard way that pathfinding has been drastically improved.

I resorted to using Sarevok tactics, except replace the MMs with arrows.

I thought if you killed him, he only drops his Mithril Chainmail +4 armor and not the 2 swords? IIRC it isn't possible to pick pocket him.

Entirely false. Unless you played an unpatched version of the game, in which case, I have no idea.

If you kill him, you get all 3.

Otherwise, you're able to pickpocket the Defender +5(or the Twinkle +3, as it is in this).
---
http://tinypic.com/r/xb9urk/6