Dorn's Side Quest (spoiler)

#1THAWK819Posted 12/12/2012 5:51:02 PM
Anyone having a hard time getting Simmeon to appear? Or am I just going to the wrong place?

I arrive at the outer gate of Baldur's Gate and Dorn even makes a comment about how his "patron" can sense Simmeon is close. He's just nowhere on the map and you can't go into the city from this approach.

What am I missing?
---
Truly each man's mind is his own domain, in it he can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell. - Milton, Paradise Lost
#2aiiirikPosted 12/12/2012 10:30:11 PM
He is north of the bridge. After you get off the bridge, head straight up. He is at the very top, almost the edge of the map.
---
You're just jealous because the voices are only talking to me.
#3The_SouthlanderPosted 12/12/2012 11:54:48 PM
Yeah, just before you enter Baldur's Gate proper.
---
UBERLORD, <<Operation...Danger>>
**422 President 2012** / *Lord Protector of Spork*
#4THAWK819(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 5:53:48 AM
Ah; so I'm just not far enough into the game to get to him. There's still a Flaming Fist guard blocking the bridge. Thanks guys I'll progress the story until I can get there.
---
Truly each man's mind is his own domain, in it he can make a hell of heaven or a heaven of hell. - Milton, Paradise Lost
#5d_pPosted 12/14/2012 9:52:25 AM
I'm experiencing a bug that's getting talked about in the official forum, with this quest. Kryll doesn't talk and the screen fixes on Dorn as if a dialogue sequence will occur, but it just doesn't happen, the screen remains fixed on Dorn and nothing happens. Anyone experienced this yet?
---
You must gather your party before venturing forth...